CPU Air Cooler for Intel 9/8700k that will not block Gskill Trident RAM?

Associate
Before i buy case, cooler etc need some advise please :D

The case will be Meshify C or phanteks enthoo pro m.

I had a decent deal on Gskill Trident 3200mhz 16b so bought them. Height 44 mm / 1.73 inch

Processor will be 9700k or 8700k depending on prices. Mobo will be Asus Prime A (if 8700k)

I wont be overlocking but will be gaming. What CPU cooler will get the job done and not be a problem with tall ram and fit in the above cases?

Looking for as trouble free install as possible. Rather spend around the £50-60 mark but can spend more if no good options.

Associate
OP
I have gone for the Noc D15S varient cooler and phanteks enthoo pro m. Gskill Trident Z on website says Height 44 mm / 1.73 inch. Hoping as ive gone "S" version of Noc i should be fine.

Soldato
Asus Prime A370-A center CPU to near side of nearest 16x PCIe is about 91mm and to near side of 1x is about 69mm. Most peeps don't use the 1x so no problems with PCIe socket clearance. Center CPU to near side of RAM socket is about 54mm.
Meshify C has 172mm CPU clearance
Enthoo Pro M has 194mm.

Probably the best performance for price is Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power but OcUK do not sell it and and can't say were on web to look. It's a jungle out there. OcUK sell NH-U14S for £62.99 but that is a little higher priced and not quite as good performance.

Both cases are good, but if getting Meshify plan on buying 2 good case fans because the included ones are almost worthless. OcUK has PH-F140MP 2-pack for £16.26 .. that's just over 8 quid each for very good fans. Enthoo Pro M comes with one similar fan so would need 1 or 2 more good case fans. With good case intake fans you won't need any exhaust fans. ;)

Basic Enthoo Pro M is about £72 with no bottom venting. May I suggest you look at Enthoo Pro as it is about £88 with bottom venting and comes with 2x good fans .. venting that with a 5 minute mode the bottom filters all slide out the front as one .. so both bottom and front filters can be cleaned without moving case. ;)

Associate
OP
Asus Prime A370-A center CPU to near side of nearest 16x PCIe is about 91mm and to near side of 1x is about 69mm. Most peeps don't use the 1x so no problems with PCIe socket clearance. Center CPU to near side of RAM socket is about 54mm.
Meshify C has 172mm CPU clearance
Enthoo Pro M has 194mm.

Probably the best performance for price is Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power but OcUK do not sell it and and can't say were on web to look. It's a jungle out there. OcUK sell NH-U14S for £62.99 but that is a little higher priced and not quite as good performance.

Both cases are good, but if getting Meshify plan on buying 2 good case fans because the included ones are almost worthless. OcUK has PH-F140MP 2-pack for £16.26 .. that's just over 8 quid each for very good fans. Enthoo Pro M comes with one similar fan so would need 1 or 2 more good case fans. With good case intake fans you won't need any exhaust fans. ;)

Basic Enthoo Pro M is about £72 with no bottom venting. May I suggest you look at Enthoo Pro as it is about £88 with bottom venting and comes with 2x good fans .. venting that with a 5 minute mode the bottom filters all slide out the front as one .. so both bottom and front filters can be cleaned without moving case. ;)

Ahh i didnt pick up on the Enthoo Pro M and Non M difference with fans and bottom venting. Cheers for that. Will look into the case and cooler. Have cancelled orders in mean time. cheers

Soldato
Ahh i didnt pick up on the Enthoo Pro M and Non M difference with fans and bottom venting. Cheers for that. Will look into the case and cooler. Have cancelled orders in mean time. cheers
Enthoo Pro is built on same chassis as Enthoo Luxe. Enthoo Pro M is on same chassis as Enthoo Evolv ATX.

Different cases of same model with different panels, etc. often have different fan combinations included .. like Enthoo Pro and Enthoo Pro TG, or Enthoo Pro SE .. or Enthoo Pro M Acrylic, Tempered and SE .. look at each specific case to see what fans it has.

Back
Top Bottom