CPU and (or) GPU upgrade to multibox WoW

Associate
Quick bit of background

A little while ago I needed to undergo a quick fix upgrade to my old system.

Right now I have
  • G4560 3.50GHz (Kaby Lake)
  • Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14
  • HD7970 GPU (bought from MM)
I chose the Z270 as I knew i would replace the G4560. The issue I have right now is that the HD7970 is a very noisy card but served its purpose as a stop gap.

I'm now looking to upgrade the GPU and (or) CPU and would like to know the minimum I should be considering to be able to multi box in WoW. Only looking to run two instances, one on each monitor.

I definitely want to replace the HD7970 as it is very loud and wont run WoW at Ultra settings.

Budget is tight, so would a GPU upgrade be enough and should the G4560 be capable paired with a better GPU of running two instances of WoW.

Ta in advance

Soldato
As above if you can afford it - but a GTX 570 may suffice if funds are tight.

Hers a link showing the performance of a G4560 paired with a RX 480 - Clicky

The G4560 is stonking CPU for the money.

Soldato
Running 2 wow games on same computer? You would need to monitors and 2 graphic cards to run them without issue surely? I've never tried to run 2 identical games on same device at one, I usually use 2 different ones, but to have it running on 2 screens I'd have thought multi screen on a single gpu would combined? As though it's extended unless you can select the identical option and be able to have both? But then that leads down to the game itself, is it even possible to run 2 identical games in a made up split screen pose without cancelling the other one out?

For the gpu side, if you want amd then yeah the 570 should do the trick otherwise the 1070 might be better if you wanted nvidia and justify the cost.

Soldato
Running 2 wow games on same computer? You would need to monitors and 2 graphic cards to run them without issue surely? I've never tried to run 2 identical games on same device at one, I usually use 2 different ones, but to have it running on 2 screens I'd have thought multi screen on a single gpu would combined? As though it's extended unless you can select the identical option and be able to have both? But then that leads down to the game itself, is it even possible to run 2 identical games in a made up split screen pose without cancelling the other one out?

For the gpu side, if you want amd then yeah the 570 should do the trick otherwise the 1070 might be better if you wanted nvidia and justify the cost.

Depends if he is running each box in a virtual machine in that case it's simple enough to share the processing power of a single gpu/cpu however with above specs it's not going to be a good experience sadly.

Back
Top Bottom