• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPUZ Benchmark (all welcome)

Associate
OP
Nice boost from your original, no need to wait for the weather now!!!

I just buy my way out of trouble by putting together this 36c/72t beast together. lol

From preliminary results, it appears to hang with a ~5500MHz ADL 12900K in CPUz benchmarking
Appears to hang with a stock 5950X in Y cruncher.

Still have to figure out how to hack this turbo but once that is done Im going to put a 360mm radiator in and try to throttle all cores up to 3.8GHz.
Still working on tuning via throttlestop.

Man of Honour
5900x @ 4699mhz:

image.png

Gets schooled in single thread by my son's Rocket Lake :D

Associate
That is amazing single core performance.

And that was literally no changes in bios aside from f max disabled?

Do you remember what bios that was?

I’ll have to try but I don’t even think my multi score was that high at stock settings!
Old discussion back in February but I think I finally figured out the anomaly. I previously said Curve Optimiser cant be applied with PBO Disabled which 'should be' correct but either through a Bios bug or feature, that is exactly what is happening.

Asus Dark hero Bios 3801. PBO = 'Disabled' Which hides all options including CO. With the help of the recent Ryzen Master update I can see that somehow the last CO settings used to benchmark with are retained (after setting pbo to disabled) and that what was giving me an abnormally high single core score at stock.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't recall posting here yet but here goes.

ukUjrWM.png 5WkDGX6.png
zm8hcG0.png bWjYEtB.png
Yeah my RAM is at 3500MHz because of board/BIOS compat not being mem-stable at 3600 whereas it is at 3500 with these 2x 32GB modules. No difference in performance so am just leaving it at 3500.

Edit* and with AVX2 mode:

ThdUKNL.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
WE NEED PICS! lol (i believe you 100% just nice to see the validation)

EDIT: and yeah, single core is really lame. That's why I have horses for courses.
What extra pics do you need? The Rocketlake or more for the 5900x (I notice it's not on the table yet)?
From memory the 11900F was hitting about 690 single core, it cost half of the 5900x :)

Associate
OP
Does OP not update the thread any more? :(

Here's my 12900K at 5.2Ghz/1.32V, 4Ghz e-core. Score total = 13074.9.

Jt7gGC4.png 79UDGdf.png
I should have said this up front, but the competitions usually run for about a month and then I turn them into submission based thread where you can post your results. But If I didn't have so much chaos going on right now I would have continued it because there was good interest.

Soldato
5900x with 4 sticks of ram @ 2733mhz 16-16-16-32, msi x470 gaming plus max mobo

power limit raised to 170w PPT, 110A TDC and 141A EDC

Curve Optimiser:

Code:
Core    curve optimiser

0             0
1             0
2             0
3            -3
4            -5
5            -6
6            -15
7            -7
8            -10
9            -13
10           -13
11           -23

5900x-cpuz.jpg
5900x-cpuz-bench.jpg

SC: 683.6
MC: 9942.8

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Popping this back up - in tandem with my testing in Novabench and a few others I also benched my rebuilt setup in CPU-z:

4XdxSXA.png
auRFxNl.png

Quite cross about missing out on 900 in single thread by that little, but not done tweaking yet :D
I think in the other thread you were talking about changing your turbo ratio values? IDK but maybe go up on your FSB a couple notches and that might get you the win. Impressive result already tho

Reactions: JRS

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I think in the other thread you were talking about changing your turbo ratio values? IDK but maybe go up on your FSB a couple notches and that might get you the win. Impressive result already tho

I have the bus set to 101 (100.7ish actual). Might inch it up another notch, but I'll probably shoot for 56x as a single core multi since I appear to have some temperature headroom to play with.

Back
Top Bottom