• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

cranking up the boost 64 4000+

Associate
Will be getting one of these little jobbies in on monday along with an arctic cooler freezer 64.

Is 3Ghz an easily do-able speed, or is it taking it close to the wire?

Dont want it to be ok for a few months then it packs in so looking for a bit of longevity.

I know there is always risk when OC'ing, but just want to know where the ''safe'' barrier is

Soldato
Impossible to say, easy is probably the wrong word though.

Give it some manly volts, up to 1.6 but any higher than 1.55 gives diminishing returns in my experience. Also, might be temperature limited (less than 55 load if possible) so lower volts accordingly. Then max it out for those volts.

Associate
I had the famous KAB1E stepping a4000 cpu and it did 3.125ghz on 1.375vcore. The cpu`s potential really depends on its stepping code.

Associate
Just got mine and it is stable up to 3Ghz (250fsb) and stock volts. I have tried upping the volts, but as soon as i go over 255fsb it wont complete superpi. I know my board will go up to 300fsb, but not with this core :(

Soldato
Worst your get is 2.7 to 2.76, average is 2.8 & if your lucky then yes 3.0 is possible. I had 3 chips in total, first two did 2.8 and last went to 3.0 with a hefty volt increase. :)

Back
Top Bottom