Crazy Tesco Car Park Incident

Caporegime
it does seem a bit odd given the footage outside the store, in store CCTV and the fact the car (now recovered) must have been rented from a Car Rental place which would have required identiification like driving license and a payment card and likley also has its own CCTV that they haven't been traced yet.

Or are the police incompetant?
I suppose if the renter turns round and says, "I wasn't driving because (yadda)" then they have to prove it was actually them behind the wheel and not a 3rd party.

Like that couple that got away with a crime (forgot what) because they both said the other was behind the wheel, hence nobody could be prosecuted :p

Caporegime
Should have CCTV images of their faces that could have been shared with the press to go along with this well publicised story, should be pretty easy to catch them after that.

Permabanned
A witness has apparently stated the driver was initially a woman in sunglasses and the actual thief later, from being seated in the rear, ousted her from the driving seat and took the wheel himself as he was presumably unimpressed by her lack of recklessness and determination in getting away.

Soldato
Soldato
  • A 45 year old man from Edgware has been arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving.
  • A 32 year old woman from Borehamwood has been arrested on suspicion of GBH, theft and dangerous driving.
Poor little lambs were just trying to get away from the nasty people hitting their stolen hire car.

Commissario
Lol how is she unavailable? She's in a jail ffs - surely they know where she is 24/7?
Meant to be appearing by video link but an admin mess up at the prison.

I'm guessing they've got limited video links and by the time it was realised she was meant to be using it, it was too late (link either already in use for another trial, or not working) and transporting prisoners takes time to arrange.

Knowing where someone is doesn't equal them being available for a court appearance when it requires keeping them secured.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Turner was also banned from driving for four-and-a-half years."

ALWAYS annoys the living fornication out of me. Absolutely no point in giving another driving ban when the guilty party was caught driving whilst disqual. Such should be converted into a custodial sentence.

Soldato
"Turner was also banned from driving for four-and-a-half years."

ALWAYS annoys the living fornication out of me. Absolutely no point in giving another driving ban when the guilty party was caught driving whilst disqual. Such should be converted into a custodial sentence.

I know, that really boils my **** too. You see it all the time on shows like Traffic Cops or Police Interceptors. They chase some scrote around, finally get him nicked only to find out he's currently on his fifth ban for driving whilst disqualified and then the courts just hand him a fine and a further ban. Yeah, like that's really going to stop ***** like that.

Soldato
I’ve only just watched the video. The public’s reaction is amazing but also hilarious. The highlight has to be the slightly older looking gent ramming the car with all his might with a shopping trolley. It sort of looks like people have used any excuse to smash up a car! Why is the rear window broken for example?

Back
Top Bottom