Crazy Tesco Car Park Incident

Caporegime
I’ve only just watched the video. The public’s reaction is amazing but also hilarious. The highlight has to be the slightly older looking gent ramming the car with all his might with a shopping trolley. It sort of looks like people have used any excuse to smash up a car! Why is the rear window broken for example?

Iirc she hit someone prior to the video and tried to drive off.

Soldato
"Turner was also banned from driving for four-and-a-half years."

ALWAYS annoys the living fornication out of me. Absolutely no point in giving another driving ban when the guilty party was caught driving whilst disqual. Such should be converted into a custodial sentence.

And to add, the driver basically mowed somebody down, breaking her back while, trying to escape and the most serious charge seems to be "Dangerous Driving"

It is like somebody who resisted arrest by shooting their way out of (Say) a bank raid, injuring a bystander in the process, being charged with "Negligent Discharge"

:confused: :confused:

:mad:

Caporegime
Oh I completely understand the build up which has triggered the reaction. It’s just quite amusing how the public actually reacted, epitomised by the old guy ramming the car with a shopping trolley!

If it was my family she'd hit I'd probably have done similar tbh.

This should be attempted murder imo.

Associate
Having lived in Ricky for a fair number of years, I was watching for the moment when a trolley went through the windscreen and the occupants got dragged out....

In middle class Ricky? Surprised they didn't throw their earl grey tea bags and quinoa wraps at the car.

West Watford however, the alloy wheels would be gone and the driver stabbed within 30 seconds!

Soldato
If it was my family she'd hit I'd probably have done similar tbh.

I’d have expected the following:

I'd have expected them to batter the living **** out of the car, myself. Having lived in Ricky for a fair number of years, I was watching for the moment when a trolley went through the windscreen and the occupants got dragged out.... disappointingly, that never materialised.

I was surprised that they weren’t dragged out of the car. You get rammed by a trolley if you spend too long deciding on your hummus in most Home Counties supermarkets.

Soldato
Considering the woman she hit will probably suffer for the rest of her life 3 odd years inside (18 months with 'good behaviour?) hardly seems like much of a punishment.

Caporegime
Sentence is way too lenient, she’s basically used a car as a weapon - it shouldn’t be a driving offence at that point but rather something like GBH.

Soldato
Sentence is way too lenient, she’s basically used a car as a weapon - it shouldn’t be a driving offence at that point but rather something like GBH.

She deliberately ran somebody over with a ton and half of metal, I'd have gone for attempted murder and a lifetime driving ban for when she gets released. To be honest, even if she was charged with a lesser crime, in cases such as this a lifetime driving ban should be mandatory.

Soldato
She deliberately ran somebody over with a ton and half of metal, I'd have gone for attempted murder and a lifetime driving ban for when she gets released. To be honest, even if she was charged with a lesser crime, in cases such as this a lifetime driving ban should be mandatory.

Certainly GBH with intent! with the Potential for an, entirely justified, life sentence.

Treating it simply as a motoring offense is downright insulting! :(

(And, as an aside, this should also apply for acid-throwers! Frankly "One drop" rule should apply (IE one single acid burn on the victim, no matter how small, should warrant a life sentence) :mad: )

Back
Top Bottom