Credit xpert

Soldato
Lol signed up, found 7 errors on my report, was showing my parents bank acc, their loan, Gas and leccy..

All becuase he and I share the same first name, don't they read full applications and stuff and take into account the middle name at all. Iv had to send them 7 disputes, lets see how good they are at sorting that lot out lol.

Man of Honour
The score is largely meaningless - it's a made up number and not worth 1p let alone the £5.99 they often charge you to get it. You don't actually have a 'credit score' - you have a credit file, containing information. Lenders will look at your file and use the information in it - not a score - to decide whether to offer you credit and on what terms.

Ignore the score and focus on having everything in the file correct and paid on time.

Associate
[TW]Fox;23176932 said:
The score is largely meaningless - it's a made up number and not worth 1p let alone the £5.99 they often charge you to get it. You don't actually have a 'credit score' - you have a credit file, containing information. Lenders will look at your file and use the information in it - not a score - to decide whether to offer you credit and on what terms.

Ignore the score and focus on having everything in the file correct and paid on time.

Many lenders do use a 'score' as part of the criteria.

When we request details of an applicant the score is the primary method we use, only those on the fringe do we look in detail.

Same as other places I have worked.

Associate
Hi,

Just tried Noodle to see what it showed and I'm now confused to say the least....

Earlier this year I tried Experian and things didn't look too bad. It actually helped me out by showing a small loan that I'd defaulted on from Black Horse, which I sorted on the day and it's now satisfied.

Noodle is now showing me another default from a company called Hillesden Securities from an address I haven't lived at for over 8 years even though it never showed on Experian ? :confused:

I've never heard of this company and although I'd like to sort this just incase it is having an adverse effect on my credit score I'm hesitant as I haven't a clue what it's for or possibly a scam.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Soldato
I've just received my statutory reports from Experian, Equifax and Callcredit for £2 each after being rejected for a credit card.

Apart from one stray 'related address' which I need to check with Experian it all looks fine.

The rejection letter says I have too much credit already —*a £500 credit card (which gets paid off every month) and a £1,500 overdraft which I've never used.

£2,000 doesn't seem that much to me but maybe it's just an excuse because I don't use the credit available so they don't think they'll make any money out of me through interest.

Associate
There are millions of people who have never paid interest who card providers have on their books. You simply failed that providers lending criteria.

Associate
Following on from my earlier post I've checked on Experian & Equifax, both don't show any entry from Hillesden Securities and both credit scores appear the same.

Something else is that Noodle said I'm not on the Electoral Roll when in fact I am and both showing this.

This makes me wonder how reliable/up to date Noodle is.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom