Crimewatch and Chinese people

Soldato
There's one thing i've always wondered. Why, on Crimewatch, do you rarely/never see any appeals to find Ding Dong or Wang Shung? Almost with exception the appeals are for white, black or middle eastern people.

It appears to me that Chinese people have been able to mingle into society better than black or Pakistani/Indian people. Is it something in there upbringing? Are Chinese people brought up with better morals than the rest of us?

Also, how many Chinese chavs do you see? You never see Chinese thugs hanging around on street corners looking for trouble do you? I've met and lived with quite a few Chinese people at Uni and without exception they've all been great people.

It'd be interesting to hear from any Chinese posters. Are you brought up with better morals than the rest of us?

Soldato
well you do get quite a few rude-boys that are chinese(but not ones who starts lairing people off or start a fight for no reason). ive been bought up by parents fairly strictly and told not to hang round with chavs(not in the exact words).

but then again there are quite a lot of triads about.

Soldato
It's in the strict upbringing. If you go to somewhere like Hong Kong, you don't see the chav nonsense that you see in London at all. Like anywhere though, you will still get muggings, etc.

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
My old boss was taking about his time in China (he is Chinese). He was talking about how violent armed robbers were (on the mainland I think) where because the penalty (death) for armed robbers was so strict that they would kill anyhow as they had nothing to lose...

One of the best bosses I ever had.

Soldato
Chinese people are great, One of my ex was a chinese, her dad is very humble and nice. I went to their house and man, i was blown away with the amount of Quality that was there. Everything is good taste. What strike me is they live a humble life in the public but they are filthy rich.
My ex was great too, she's just different from any girl i ever been out with and she's just like her dad. I also notice that they dont find it hard to accept other people's culture and idea unlike say.....an African or a pakistani/india etc.
That's my experience of them, and i think they are great bunch of race. :cool:

Permabanned
Xpander said:
You never see any homeless Chinese people either.

Indeed you don't. Also you never see like a middle-aged sort of one.

You see the young 'uns and the really old ones. You never see like a 38 year old, they must age overnight. Like a peach.

;)

Soldato
singist said:
Radio 4 the other day was talking about the Chinese in this country; very informative. One of the stat's that blew me away was ...... over 90% of the youngsters go to university.

I think thats to do with most of the ones in this country are in this country because they could afford to leave china..

We get the cream of the crop over here...the ones that want to make a better life for themselves AND can afford it..

The lack of chavs and thugs thing is deffo down to the upbringing...its all about education and most darent go against their parents :o

different cultures innit.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
There are Chinese crime gangs in Sydney down here.
Always someone beating someone with something.
They get shown on crime watch down here.
Its the indians that are hardly on it down here

Soldato
DanTheMan said:
Chinatown in Manchester has some rather nasty Chinese people in it. Manchester has a lot of illegal Chinese immigrants that I could definately say aren't cream of the crop.

Well illegal immigrants :)

Soldato
guess i was bought up pretty well ( private school etc )

but then rebeled and started going out drinking more :p

parents did keep going on about me saying, bet you don't see a lot of other chinese ppl drinking and going clubbing, after a while they left me to it :)

Back
Top Bottom