Crimewatch and Chinese people

Associate
I think parents play a major role, they don't tell us to be good or anything, it's just expected in my opinion.

I was bought up okay I guess, I don't hang around the streets mugging old people or anything. Same applies to my cousins from both sides of the family, you don't associate chav behaviour with any of them, and I haven't met any chav behaving chinese person, yet. I think as a culture, we're hard working people, for example nearly all my aunts and uncles including my parents are all self-employed, most of them came here with nothing and this kind of sets an example for the younger generations.

There are some trouble makers out there, crime isn't determined by race, you probably aren't looking hard enough. :p

Soldato
Yes, yes, yes us Chinese are awesome :p

I think its more to do with a traditional strict, morally and ethnically defined upbringing. Chinese in general are very timid people and generally keep to themselves. I cannot think of a single instance (apart from myself, but i blame it on the english half) of chinese trouble near where i live.

Even the triads are pretty low key - they know their business and dont tend to thrust it in peoples face with the bravado of other organised crime groups.

But don't underestimate us though. We all came out of the womb knowing Kung-fu-ninja-tae-jitsu-chi and arent afraid to use it.

Soldato
Gaijin said:

But don't underestimate us though. We all came out of the womb knowing Kung-fu-ninja-tae-jitsu-chi and arent afraid to use it.

Haa, the sun rises here and this is the west, we own all the Big Guns!! Still wanna fight kungfu? :D I will take you with my things :D

Associate
That gang leader who was responsible for the cocklepickers who drowned was Chinese.

On the whole, I'd say the vast majority of Chinese people are very pleasant.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
ElRazur said:
Haa, the sun rises here and this is the west, we own all the Big Guns!! Still wanna fight kungfu? :D I will take you with my things :D

Have you not watched House of Flying Daggers and Jackie Chan?

That is all true I'll have you know ;):D

BB x

Man of Honour
ElRazur said:
I have an im yet to see them catch a bullet.

Watch Kung-Fu Hustle and become enlightened, seriously though do watch it, it is a fantastic film, way over the top and all the more fun for it.

Nothing really to do with the original post but quite a few of the early Jackie Chan films (Drunken Master and Dragon Lord I think although there may be others) had him as badly behaved then sent off to a master to be trained in a harsh manner until he conformed. Quite a high value is placed on conformity in oriental culture as I understand it which might be part of the reason that Crimewatch doesn't feature too many.

Soldato
Gaijin said:
Shut it flingbang.
:p

What is Flingbang? My understanding of flingbang is to get hold of your opponent in a ring or fight, FLING him around then BANG his body (head preferably) on the floor or whatever object you desire.Hence FLINGBANG
Am i missing something here?

Back
Top Bottom