Crimson Desert - Upcoming MMORPG

Associate
Anybody looking forward to this game? They said at the Game Awards "it offers in-depth story driven singleplayer content in an MMO setting" which I'm guessing means they're hyping up the story but you can't play story quests in a party of friends?
I played the developer's previous game Black Desert Online which I dropped after 4 hours so I'm hoping this new game will be much better.
I know it's too early to say, but if this game succeeds and lives up to the hype, do you think it could compete with established MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XIV?
Also it says release will be in Winter 2021. Does that mean January/February 2021 or December 2021?

Man of Honour
It's not going to be an MMO at all anymore from what I can gather, more of an action RPG style game but with some co-op/teaming options right? Interesting trailer though, unsure if it'll tickle the fancy of the mainstream.

Soldato
It's not going to be an MMO at all anymore from what I can gather, more of an action RPG style game but with some co-op/teaming options right? Interesting trailer though, unsure if it'll tickle the fancy of the mainstream.

Yep it's basically Black Desert single player with Co-op, hopefully it'll actually have more content than just the endless grind with no end goal that is Black Desert

Soldato
I'm surprised there's not more posts about this game. I've just discovered it and it's right up my street. I can't find a reliable release date, other than 'early 2024'.

The game looks amazing, and seems to take inspiration from other popular games. The weather effects feel very Ghost of Tsushima.

Last edited:
Associate
Not heard of this game - looks amazing - Witcher with better graphics, hopefully the combat and storyline holds up. Although I see it's been delayed until Q2 2025, so over a year to wait providing it doesn't get delayed further.

Back
Top Bottom