Crop Circles

Caporegime
I would rather not get a criminal record!

why would you?

Your trying to find ways to reliably mark out patterns, you don't need the crops. most could be done on sand or grass, and even paper for the initial work.

Design the maps look up the techniques or ask those who do create them how to do it.

Going "meh it's too much hard work to figure out if it's possible so i'm gonna say aliens" would pretty much make you one of the people "intelligent" aliens wouldn't want to contact.

Man of Honour
I still can't see how two 60 year old men with some planks managed to "stomp out" around 900 characters of binary (guess have not counted) in perfection, in under 12 hours, in the dark + "draw" the rest of the picture.

So if Aliens why such a stupid message?
Oh and it had to be in English, it would have been more interesting if it was done in England but the message was in Egyptian.

Mind you one amazing theory I read is that the Aliens timescale is way different than ours.
To us the crop circles have been appearing for say 5 decades starting with a circle to the complex designs we have now but to the Aliens they've been doing this over the last day meaning they're just dotting down messages until tomorrow when the big one comes.
I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Caporegime
Oh I have read the replies. But still no facts are given.

Um, yes they were, including videos and full details of how its done.

Are you trying to be funny by constantly trolling, or are you just desperately trying to revive a failed Aliens thread that fell flat on its face.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't make it impossible. I don't know how to build a 5 million piece spaceship, but I'm not going to deny all space flight ever happened just because I find it complicated?

Do you dismiss anything that's beyond your understanding or abilities as being impossible/aliens?

Soldato
Answer me this Angillion: If aliens exist and they are far more technology advanced than we are...is it such a stretch to think they they have studied us and understand binary? Maybe they invented binary a million years ago. Maybe they want to send a message to the clever people in society hence used binary to express themselves.

It's not a stretch to imagine aliens using binary. We can assume the laws of physics are roughly similar and they have developed some waveform (maybe electrical?) to represent the highs and lows.

It's more confusing trying to imagine how they would have managed to translate from binary to ASCII to English.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato

Fairies.

At least that's what they thought in the middle ages. The "fairy rings" were tracks left by fairies dancing in the fields at night. ;)

However, the intricate geometric designs that seem to be prevalent today are most likely hoaxers or aliens disguised as hoaxers.

Soldato
I just contacted Arthur Conan Doyle via a medium, and he told me that anyone who believes these were made by mere humans must be 'away with the fairies'.

Although, you know what, these are made to be viewed FROM A DISTANCE so they are going to look rather neatly done. Close up you might be able to tell a few minor imperfections.

Permabanned
OP
Um, yes they were, including videos and full details of how its done.

Are you trying to be funny by constantly trolling, or are you just desperately trying to revive a failed Aliens thread that fell flat on its face.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't make it impossible. I don't know how to build a 5 million piece spaceship, but I'm not going to deny all space flight ever happened just because I find it complicated?

Do you dismiss anything that's beyond your understanding or abilities as being impossible/aliens?
If a youtube video is fact then

There you go. Must be facts it is on youtube!

Permabanned
OP
I am saying 2 men cannot do THIS ONE at night with planks:

Crabwood1%20ASCII.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh? So who did? Aliens?

Give over.

I think it's safe to say that if Aliens made contact with us it would most certainly NOT be by folding our damn crops.

Soldato
I am saying 2 men cannot do THIS ONE at night with planks:

Evenly spaced blocks in a spiral?
This has to be the easiest to make other than the plain flat circles.
The one with the square in it in the OP would probably need some sort of visibility (torches marking the corners?) but the binary spiral could be done without any visual aid at all.

I really cant see why you think this is so complex :confused:

Back
Top Bottom