1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucial 32gb (2x16gb) cl16 3600 BL2K16G36C16U4B - Single Rank

Discussion in 'Memory' started by DJ_Switch, 9 Nov 2020.

1. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Well the Patriot kit arrived, it's single rank unfortunately compared to DR when the SKU was reviewed in the past (2x 16GB SR), with a relatively lax 16-20-20-40, so a little gutted as in some cases I've lost 5-10% performance, but at the same time, the RAM cost less than £130 delivered so I am really not too upset; as I'd have paid another £40 or so for confirmed dual rank and slightly tighter XMP timings, and I'm not sure another 30% price, is worth another 0-10% performance (more commonly closer to that 0%) when CPU bound!

Seems to be stable so far; and it's running happily at 3200MHz vs the old 2933MHz included with the machine though (which had worse CL timing also - 21-21-21-47!) so between the amount now in the machine, and the higher speed/lower NS response time; it'll be an improvement either way!

2933/21 = 139.67
    3200/16 = 200

Realise that's a VERY rough scale for working out relative memory performance, but still!

Can't complain for less than £130 new (and warrantied) for 32GB!

Edit: Aaaand typically the kit is faulty. Memory related bluescreen and memory errors in OCCT :( FFS lol my luck is abysmal atm!

Last edited: 11 Aug 2021
  2. Anthos

Associate

For whatever is worth:

I bought in Dec 2020 Ballistix 2x16GB 3600C16 and it was Rev E so DR. I was getting some errors only in TestMem and went through RMA a month ago (was reluctant as I didn't want to get downgraded to Rev B and SR).

They first shipped one module out Rev E manufactured in Feb 2020. Makes sense. A week later on they shipped the other one. Manufactured July 2021. Rev E as well. So I guess that means that they are still producing Rev E as I thought they had completely switched over to Rev B.

3. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

They are making both, dependent on what they have, the problem is its completely pot luck as they're making both as the same SKU.
    Hearing multiple stories of people ordering multiple sets from the rainforest to try and get DR and returning SR sets.

4. Cap'n Marduk Zahn Cravenn

Associate

Hi, I am new here. Thanks for all the precious messages here. I owned a pair of BL16G36C16U4B.M8FB1 (the SR ones), but i needed more than 32GB of ram, as I use massive sample libraries. So I ordered another pair of ramsticks with the same exact code from the same exact vendor, but I received a pair of BL16G36C16U4B.M16FE1 (the DR ones). I asked the vendor to exchange them, but he replied that it's not his fault, because there was no way to know if the box contains SR or DR until you open it (that's true, but the box is so stupidly easy to open that it's also just an excuse for not doing me this favor). That being said, I tried to boot the system anyway, and it works. But when i enabled the D.O.C.P. witht the 3600MHz profile (CPU still not overclocked), my PC stopped working and won't boot anymore. The DRAM led on the motherboard (Asus Tuf x570) is solid orange, and i can't even access the bios, screen is black. I know how to fix this with the bios reset, but I want to know if it's a behaviour to be expected or if i just put the ram sticks in the wrong dims.

5. Anthos

Associate

I am pretty sure mine stated on the box the code (BL16G36C16U4B.M16FE1) so I knew before opening it up if was gonna be rev E (DR) or rev B (SR)

6. Cap'n Marduk Zahn Cravenn

Associate

7. xPETEZx

Gangster

Try run 3Dmark Timespy CPU bench. That seems to show much bigger differences.

Try running (if your up for testing!) just the SR set, then the DR set on its own and then lastly the SR & DR. See what difference in scores you get.

8. Stu

Mobster

It's not written on the box, but you can see the sticks through the box window, and the sticker showing the code is always visible.