Crucial RMA are FAST!

Caporegime
Great news! Your Crucial memory order is packaged and ready to ship by
Royal Mail INS

sent on 26th , arrived at their place 27th , 28th Crucial memory order is packaged and ready to ship

Should be here by saturday or monday

Now why cant overclockers.co.uk rma be that good :confused: :D :p

Soldato
Personally I love dealing with Crucial for whatever reason.
I remember having a Crucial ATI 9700 Pro graphics card and it had issue with my Granite Bay based motherboard after I bought it (as did all 9700 Pro cards).
I'd had the card almost a year so really Crucial didn't have to do anything as I'd upgraded the motherboard and was hardly their fault it now didn't play nice.
Crucial offered to buy back my 9700 Pro or I returned it plus £25 and had a 9800 Pro.
Above and beyond.

Soldato
Neil79 said:
How are yours now?

got a set of the new batch with no problems since 3mths

almost tempted to grab some of their DDR2 stuff for my conroe build because of their service but theyre another £25 over the GSkill HZ

which is stupid seeing how they produce the micron IC's :mad:

Caporegime
OP
bigmouse64 said:
Actually OC has excellent service from my experience, everything I've ever ordered arrived the next day.

Thats ordering fella , which is top class

Its the rma service that needs an overhaul

Associate
marscay said:
crucial rma is outstanding :) which was nice when i had to RMA 3 sets of ballistix :mad:

Yup they are very experienced at RMA. They have it down to a fine art.

imho it would be more prudent to put the same kind of effort into quality control.

I have never bought a Crucial memory kit that hasn't needed rma. (only two kits mind, both Ballistix. I'm not so stupid as to buy a third) I don't bother with crucial any more.

/me stops bitchin buys G.Skill and gets off soap box

Associate
as far as overclockers rma I have to admit i've had my disapointments with them, I've often found it easier to bypass them and rma directly with the manufacturer.

One example was a faulty cpu that I had, it kept bombing out blue screening randomly wouldnt post and would never complete a full 24 hours superpi test. I tested this myself by using alterative chips in that setup and trying the suspect chip in other systems allways with the same result. I then sent the results and chip into ocuk and a couple of days later I recived the chip back and a note saying they were able to run 3d mark on the cpu so it should be fine and charged me for it.

I found this very poor as I had several times been able to run 3d mark but then serveral other times it had failed, they completely ignored my other diagnostics so I ended up having to contact AMD who ended up replacing it for me.

Soldato
Crucial have an outstanding RMA service, I have had to use it twice and both times it has been excellent.

Its a shame that so many of their modules seem to be dead on arrival though, its only based upon my experience and that of my friends, but im not sure what their quality control must be like!

Back
Top Bottom