Cryorig H7 Ultra RGB CPU Cooler.

Soldato
It's not a Cryorig H7 RGB lighting problem but a Windows 10 issue or default RGB light setting issue.

Here's what other s have said:
"By default when you shut down Windows 10, it actually ends all usermode stuff and puts the kernel and drivers into hibernate but actually in desktops, it keeps it in RAM and also writes a hiberfile to the disk.

So Windows probably not actually shutting down the system, an easy way to see if this is the issue is if after you do a shutdown, switch off the power supply, wait a few minutes/hit the power button to flush residual power, then flip the PSU back to the on position, if the lights stay off it's probably a hybrid sleep thing. If that's true you'll have to change those settings until it exhibits expected behavior."

And:
"Go to bios > Advanced mode > advanced tab > onboard devices > rgb lighting and you will see an option for sleep hibernate or soft off states set it to off."

Soldato
I’ve never had a issue with any other rgb product. Just this one?
Maybe because there were not many RGB products to use except fans which were powered from other power sources? All I did was google and found the answers I posted. There are many other complaints about RGB / LED lighting in things like RAM, keyboard, etc. not turning off when system is turned off. Some saying it has to do with Win 10 and USB power changing staying on when computer is off with PSU on.

Soldato
OP
It's not a Cryorig H7 RGB lighting problem but a Windows 10 issue or default RGB light setting issue.

Here's what other s have said:
"By default when you shut down Windows 10, it actually ends all usermode stuff and puts the kernel and drivers into hibernate but actually in desktops, it keeps it in RAM and also writes a hiberfile to the disk.

So Windows probably not actually shutting down the system, an easy way to see if this is the issue is if after you do a shutdown, switch off the power supply, wait a few minutes/hit the power button to flush residual power, then flip the PSU back to the on position, if the lights stay off it's probably a hybrid sleep thing. If that's true you'll have to change those settings until it exhibits expected behavior."

And:
"Go to bios > Advanced mode > advanced tab > onboard devices > rgb lighting and you will see an option for sleep hibernate or soft off states set it to off."

I checked and I have none of those options on my mobo.

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7.

Soldato
I checked and I have none of those options on my mobo.

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7.
Did you check your Win10 USB settings in device manager to see if USB charging is on or off when system is off? If USB charging in on then the power to the light will be on.
Cooler has no lighting control in it. Where do you have the cooler LED lead plugged in? My guess is the USB socket you have it plugged into does not turn off when computer is turned off. If you have more htan one USB header try plugging it into a different one.

Soldato
OP
Did you check your Win10 USB settings in device manager to see if USB charging is on or off when system is off? If USB charging in on then the power to the light will be on.
Cooler has no lighting control in it. Where do you have the cooler LED lead plugged in? My guess is the USB socket you have it plugged into does not turn off when computer is turned off. If you have more htan one USB header try plugging it into a different one.

How don't I know which usb it is? There are a lot of them. I guess it would have to be the usb header for the mobo, but which one is that?

I guess it doesn't matter, I don't use it anymore, but I am looking at the new version coming out and don't want the same issue.

Soldato
OP

I just figured it out how to turn off USB header on Gigabyte boards. I have no idea why they made it hard to find ,but did a lot of reading up and found you have to look under power management and enable ErP in the bios. It then shuts off usb headers. I tried it and it works perfectly. It put a huge smile on my face that after years of looking I found the answer.

Back
Top Bottom