• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crypto miners could soon flood eBay with cheap CPUs, motherboards and SSDs

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I've no plans to sell my 6 cards. Even if it crashes it will be back.

Oops-GIF.gif

Permabanned
..which is exactly what
Crypto miners could soon flood Ebay with cheap CPUs, motherboards and SSDs acquired via GPU bundle purchases - NotebookCheck.net News

Likely we`ll see the UK etailers following along here, and only selling RTX 3080Ti et al, with bundles of items they are struggling to shift - and items the distributers are also making them take just to get a GPU (which was reported by GN a few weeks ago - naming gigbayte psus as one item)

Which is exactly what NVIDIA don't want. It will kill off sales of new cards.

Soldato
People thought that 4 years ago with their 1060s, then when it came back their 4 year old cards were not efficient enough to be worth mining on even with the recent high profits

People are still mining with rigs from the last cycle. All mine are 30 series cards and with the exception of the 2x 3080s they are very efficient. Unless it reaches the point where it isn't profitable I'm just going to leave them mining.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I think your wrong as they have stated that FE cards will have no limiters on them https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/n...ill-not-get-a-lite-hash-rate-limiter-sku.html A spokesperson from Nvidia told PC Gamer that there will be no Founders Edition cards from the LHR variants

Fair enough... the information floating around seems to change on a daily basis, but your reference looks pretty solid. I see this as a kick in the teeth from Nvidia forcing AIB partners to take "crippled" cards while their own cards are "fully functional". However, off the back of this news from PC Gamer, some sites are speculating that FE cards are not getting LHR versions because they are soon going to EOL FE cards for this series... more rumours and speculation!!!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yeah but it goes to show one minute they are nerfing miners and ETH, next minute "oh but we didnt mean our FE cards.." unbelievable. So now FE cards are gonna be more unobtanium. Information is so poorly communicated you would think they were a small company with no marketing..

I suppose supply of FE cards is controlled (1 per customer) and are more likely to go to gamers (in theory). AIB partner supplies are not controlled, and they are being forced to differentiate, selling mining card to miners and LHR cards to gamers.

Soldato
LHR cards are utter bs, why on earth would nvidia do this, knowing full well ETH is on its way out shortly, its pointless headline grabber to get gamers to think nvidia is doing them a favor, you can mine other coins anyway. marketing bs

Stu

Stu

Soldato
LHR cards are utter bs, why on earth would nvidia do this, knowing full well ETH is on its way out shortly, its pointless headline grabber to get gamers to think nvidia is doing them a favor, you can mine other coins anyway. marketing bs

I think it's an attempt to shift miners to CMP cards, but I'm not convinced the tactic will work!

Associate
Interesting story here about a bitcoin mine bust - they discovered the electricity supply had been bypassed and thousands of pounds-worth had been stolen to power it. A police drone had spotted a big heat source - and they thought initially it was a cannabis farm.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/police-bust-huge-bitcoin-mine-20694645

Those with a few rigs should be getting a bit nervous now, although they may not be doing anything wrong, the police may come busting down their doors thinking they running a cannabis farm lol!

Back
Top Bottom