• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crypto miners could soon flood eBay with cheap CPUs, motherboards and SSDs

Associate
e9438ac0-dbc1-4d7d-ba6b-e57364f8a1e0.png
Nice. :) :p

Associate
This is how I thought it was worded earlier but in a table by some guy on reddit:

This is correct , going forward only the 3080ti FE and 3070ti FE have LHR implemented from the off .. the FE 3080/3090/3070& 3060 Ti are still doing full hash rate . AIb cards are all getting LHR bar the 3090 .

Associate
LHR is all very nice, but I wonder if nV is still selling 1/2 the chips they produce directly to the big mining companies :p
im sure nvidia dont sell to miners. all gpu chips are under contracts to manufacturers like msi,gygabite,asus. Now msi,gygabite,asus can and are selling to whom ever they want.

Caporegime
im sure nvidia dont sell to miners. all gpu chips are under contracts to manufacturers like msi,gygabite,asus. Now msi,gygabite,asus can and are selling to whom ever they want.
It's been fairly well documented (extrapolating from publicly disclosed financial data) that nV do, in fact, sell chips directly to miners. By the pallet :p

Associate
Are the LHR cards gimped in terms of performance in other applications? How do they manage to lower the ETH hashrate without effecting performance otherwise?

Caporegime
I'm curious what a mining farm to do with a gpu chip?
They Need pcb.
The big outfits build their own specifically for mining purposes. They don't want a gaming-focused pcb from nV or the AIB. They build their own mining-focused PCB, apparently. This is all just what I've read, I have no secret mole in the mining farms :p

Associate
The big outfits build their own specifically for mining purposes. They don't want a gaming-focused pcb from nV or the AIB. They build their own mining-focused PCB, apparently. This is all just what I've read, I have no secret mole in the mining farms :p
Now that does makes Sense.
So the investment must be huge.
U need electronic Engineers to Design Pcb.
That's must be done on industrial scale.

And all this just to burn energy and to perform useless calculations.

Sad.

Associate
Read a report that though China is cracking down in mining, the mining corps are just gonna move their operations, if that's the case then the shortage will still continue...

Back
Top Bottom