1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CryptoMining Beginner Looking for Help.

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Earthworm37UK, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Earthworm37UK

Associate

Hello all.

Im a newbie on this forum and im interested in trying out some cryptocurrency mining. The
    computer i will be starting with is only a small dual core but i will seriously consider
    upgrading that rig as time progresses. I am totaly new at mining cryptocurrencies never done
    it before but i know you need some software, a crypto currency wallet and a pretty fast
    computer but as i said earlier im just having a go with a small dual core at the moment. I was
    wondering whether anyone knows of any cryptocurrency mining software that will run on a 32bit
    PC on a Windows XP operating system. Also would like to know which currencies to mine to give
    me the best results maybe $2 to $3 a day. I know that might sound like a long shot
    considering the size of my computer and the operating system im using but i will be upgrading
    in the very knear future. If you would like to know the details of my rig ive left them at the
    bottom. Thank You in advance for any help if you can possibly provide any :)

System Specs
    Intel Celeron E1200 1.60 GHZ Dual Core
    2GB Ram
    32bit Windows XP
    Onboard Graphics Card

2. Telecaster

Mobster

No chance. People with £ks worth of GPUs aren't getting that, you'll be mining at a loss.

No point starting mining at the minute, electric cost is more than earnings.

3. 413x

Capodecina

As above. No point

4. PiKe

Capodecina

This is an utter troll surely?

5. Earthworm37UK

Associate

No i am not a troll, as i said earlier i dont have much knowledge about cryptocurrency mining.

Thanks all the same.

6. Earthworm37UK

Associate

Would it be possible to make that in a week with the right hardware?

7. wesley

Soldato

Even with free electric, profit is still too little for the hassle and effort.

You might as well buy the coins

8. Earthworm37UK

Associate

Ok looks like its not worth it, thanks for the help all :)

9. vectisitch

Wise Guy

i am mining with 18 x rx580's,free power and i make roughly £5 per day right now. you would end up owing the power compay money rather than making money. soory but your about 5 years too late

10. wesley

Soldato

18 :eek:

How much would it cost to buy your system and how long would it take to break even?

11. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

I had 32 RX570/580's when i sold up a couple of months ago, i was clearing a couple of quid a day after paying electricity costs of 13.9p kw/h

12. Th0nt

Soldato

:D about 2 years late to the party. Nobody expected 20k BTC, at least we can hope for above electric cost tokens at some point in 2019. The market cannot prop up continuous negative mining costs but could be a brutal way of forcing some of the greedy operations and poorly ran projects to fold.

13. ReeMISM

Gangster

I thought outside the box and used the heat generated by my mining rig whilst mining :p..

14. postmanfw

Mobster

Same here... Spread the rigs throughout house and turn off the central heating... House warmer than its ever been and all the damp problems gone away too.

Money saved from heating pays for 50% of running costs meaning I just about break even just now running 9x rx580 and 3x vega 56 with electricity at 13.4p a unit

15. Th0nt

Soldato

16. Telecaster

Mobster

Me too, haven't had the central heating on once for the past two winters now. Mining room door left open warms the rest of the place more than enough, even in winter I need two windows open all day/night to make it comfortable.

17. postmanfw

Mobster

Taking a chance on etnx just now... Back to masari if nethash drops dramatically after next fork which was meant to be yesterday but its delayed for now.

Wish I had mined more turtle 7 months ago as difficultly has gone up about 20 fold and they are worth a lot more than when I mined them... Was getting over 400k a day of them but now it's as low as 18k for my setup.

Hindsights a wonderful thing lol... :)

18. mymorph

Wise Guy

I can't believe turtle even got over 1 sat.
    Anyway. Back to mining . You will be mining at a lose on current prices but people have forgotten 1 simple factor. And that is a general interest in the tech and supporting that tech. Mining is a great hobby if nothing else. Learning new skills and developing an understanding of the new revolution . So go for it just don't expect to make money

19. Th0nt

Soldato

Absolutely, I started off crunching before the BOINC and dc on here for the tech/hobby/science was a thing. I shifted into mining out of curiosity and being able to get something out instead of just burning electricity. Things got better when you could use GPU's and naturally being a gamer its the first thing you realise is useful and from that point on influences all your future GPU upgrades! :)

20. 413x

Capodecina

Im not entirely sure about what you might 'learn'?
    Or how it's a hobby? Its only a hobby if you like building and maintaining infrastructure?
    I certainly didn't enjoy it when I was doing it. It was just stress. Even when it was profitable.