Crysis & Crysis Warhead Steam issues.

Soldato
Would like to just for once buy a game that works please Steam, but anyway, I grabbed these on Steam and they won't launch, I have to manually launch the Crysis64.exe to get it to work but that doesn't register as Steam and doesn't give me an Overlay/track gametime etc. Is there a way around this? Also, when I'm in game I have everything on enthusiast (max I think) and the game looks bad, and there is also massive popin that is a further eyesore.

So;
1. Can Crysis and Crysis Warhead be launched through Steam?

2. Is it supposed to be ugly?

3. Is there a way to stop these twigs and stones teleporting infront of me as I move?

Thanks.

Associate
Would like to just for once buy a game that works please Steam, but anyway, I grabbed these on Steam and they won't launch, I have to manually launch the Crysis64.exe to get it to work but that doesn't register as Steam and doesn't give me an Overlay/track gametime etc. Is there a way around this? Also, when I'm in game I have everything on enthusiast (max I think) and the game looks bad, and there is also massive popin that is a further eyesore.

So;
1. Can Crysis and Crysis Warhead be launched through Steam?

2. Is it supposed to be ugly?

3. Is there a way to stop these twigs and stones teleporting infront of me as I move?

Thanks.

I take it you purchased the Crysis pack? I have it mate and all of the games have worked fine. Sounds like a graphics glitch if things are 'popping' out at you.

I would either try re-installing your graphics card drivers or verifying the game cache and see if there are any corrupted files that you have downloaded.

I had this today with Max Payne 3 where the stupid Rockstar Social Club wouldn't allow me to combine my steam account with the game. Verifying the game cache sorted it, it might be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Soldato
OP
Always forget to try and revalidate, cheers! Also, I'm on the 64-bit Windows 7 OS, and only the Crysis64.exe works out of the bin64 folder.

This is settings/pics, please tell me something is holding the visuals back that I have to manually unlock? Because I'm sorry but Far Cry 2 looks better than this. So much for the 'legendary' Crysis. :/

2012112300003.jpg

2012112300004.jpg

2012112300007.jpg

2012112300008.jpg

HORRIBLE GRASS POPIN:

2012112300005.jpg

2012112300006.jpg

Soldato
OP
I've managed to figure out how to get it working! Thank ****.

For anyone who has this issue, do the following:

For Crysis (Steam) download this (I have scanned it for virus/malware; clean). It is the Bin64 folder which contains 64 bit resources for Crysis which does not come as standard with the Steam version of the game. Simply delete the existing Bin32 folder found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crysis and then extract the 'Bin64' folder into the same directory and rename it 'Bin32'. Crysis will now launch normally through Steam.

For Crysis Warhead (Steam) you do not have to download anything, simply go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crysis Warhead and delete Bin32, and then rename the already existing Bin64 to Bin32. Crysis Warhead will now launch normally through Steam.

/Thread

Soldato
I have seen that fix before, but to be fair, it's one most 64bit windows users don't need to use. Crysis and Warhead normally run fine on Windows 7 x64, whether you use the 32bit that comes with steam, or either of the 32bit or 64bit versions you get on retail.
For example, I'm using the steam version on Windows 7 x64, and didn't have to do any of that.

The 32bit version of crysis refers to the game itself - 64bit windows has no trouble running 32bit programs - many programs are still 32bit.

To your other questions:
Crysis probably has been superseded in the looks department. Far Cry 2 is a really pretty game. However, crysis should probbaly look better than it does in your screenshots.

There are mods to improve the look, and also the best looking version of the game use custom autoconfig files.

Back
Top Bottom