CRYSTAL 680X RGB- reviews up

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £454.60 (includes shipping: £14.70)

works out a little cheaper if you like the Dynamic / Dual chamber design and Corsair RGB fans

Total: £232.23 (includes shipping: £12.30)

also 180mm air cooler vs 155mm of the dynamic

corsair rgb fans

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems removing the front glass panel drops the temps by 8c according to the review, i would rather have the lower temps than glass.

"The 680X does not deliver on its high airflow promise, and so fails in this category of the review. Build quality is superb, cable management space is stand-out, and ease-of-installation features are well accounted for. Corsair has done well on these, but has failed on the “high airflow” marketing deliverable, and also runs with a price premium that allows for the purchase of two Lian Li O11 Dynamic cases that have superior cooling capabilities when coupled with fans. The O11 Air would also work. You’re buying fans with the Dynamic, but at $130 plus fan cost, it’s still far cheaper than the $280 of the 680X."

Associate
@ChugNorris @CorsairChris

seems under NDA still ... :(

works out a little cheaper if you like the Dynamic / Dual chamber design and Corsair RGB fans

Total: £232.23 (includes shipping: £12.30)

also 180mm air cooler vs 155mm of the dynamic

@orbitalwalsh - 680X NDA lifted March 3rd. Is available on the website for Pre-Order. It should also be in the E-Shot tonight so watch your inboxes!

Associate
If the reviews of the 680X weren’t bad enough then just see the reviews for the Carbide 678C, it’s a shame as it seems Corsair is getting lazy since I love the Corsair Obsidian 500D case my prebuilt OcUK system came with!

Soldato
OP
If the reviews of the 680X weren’t bad enough then just see the reviews for the Carbide 678C, it’s a shame as it seems Corsair is getting lazy since I love the Corsair Obsidian 500D case my prebuilt OcUK system came with!

687c looks nice - only one review a saw came with bad build quality , though price is high! if not perfect for a 2x 360 water loop and keeping its silent .

think i'd personally remove the fans from the front and have them at bottom and top . leave the glass panel at the front clear!

Associate
Well I just ordered a 680x to do my new Zen 2 build in once they are released. I wanted a white case with dual compartments so I could hide the wires and drives, so this pretty much ticks all the boxes. I won't be going for massive overclocks, and plan to buy a matching white corsair hydro dual rad aio. I currently have a gigabyte waterforce 1080ti to fit its single rad in somewhere too (planning to paint rad white). I was wondering what would be the best way to mount the cooling. Ideally i'd want the 3 front fans pulling in air as per stock setup, and I was thinking of putting the dual aio on the top blowing air out the top of the case, the problem is where to put the single rad for the 1080ti, would it be better on the bottom or the rear of the case?

Back
Top Bottom