CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

Soldato
OP
This thread is 17 (short) pages long, and still no YouTube video of you hooning it around with a supercharger fitted?! :p :(

Well there was a big discussion whether I should 'charge it or not, then an argument about what defines a hot hatch, then I couldn't get insured, then I could, then there was a discussion about how "tall" the CRZ is and now we are back here :p

The supercharger install is planned for December now.

I'm in the process of getting FN2 Type R brakes fitted to the front which has larger discs (300mm vs 262mm) which seems appropriate due to the extra power the car will have.

I also plan to get a LSD fitted prior to december too, so that the car is best equipped to deal with the bump in power :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Z0FlguE.gif

:p

wait..... I thought the car was like a turquoise and had body panels covering the rear wheels? o.O whoops xD

car looks stunning, and that is a window?! is it all one piece? is the rest tinted that dark?

we need super unicorn boost

I think you are mistaking that with Jonnycoupes MK1 Honda Insight!

Yeah that is standard sport spec privacy glass, the top boot window, rear boot window and both quarterlights are all tinted like that. Only boggo "S" spec models had no tints, S spec was discountinued in 2013.

Caporegime
... Well I don't think that is a window. What defines a window? I think we should give windows an A to D catagorisation which relates to the level of visibility which can be attained through the window, and also to how closely it matches the the perceived design of a typical window.

The CRZ rear window is clearly a catagory D window because it is so far from the perceived design of a typical window, that some people may mistake it for being something else altogether. BUT why does that matter as long as it is what Honda wanted to do? The window on the back of a 1.6 Focus is far closer, in fact it is a catagory B window! But does that mean that the Focus window is faster?

No! THEY ARE ALL WINDOWS

All rear windows are also hot windows, they can typically be heated up at the touch of a button or the flick of a switch, which naturally pushes a car closer to hot-hatch status (watch out for those fingers!) but it also pushes the window status back even further, as typical windows are not heated.

... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

WHY!

I lol'ed though :cool:

Nath, make the backend of your CRZ look like this, I really like the look of it.

Rear end pic

yeah seen that before, looks liek the Noblesse rear end. Tbh I'm not a fan of center exit exhausts, they seem to "narrow" the look of the car. Also that bend in the exhaust means you can only have a certain few to chose from unless you wanna go custom.

Also I hava mugen rear end, looks far better IMO!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you are mistaking that with Jonnycoupes MK1 Honda Insight!

Yeah that is standard sport spec privacy glass, the top boot window, rear boot window and both quarterlights are all tinted like that. Only boggo "S" spec models had no tints, S spec was discountinued in 2013.

ahhh yep! my bad :p hope I didn't cause offense :rolleyes: but ahhh nice!!! :D she's a beast ;)

Caporegime
Yes I was joking. Though I do enjoy how a good diesel pulls like a train. :p Test drove a 1.9TDI Polo with a 170HP remap and it was mental. :D

How much is the SC conversion going to cost you now? :)

Back
Top Bottom