Current account balance? Was is yours.

Associate
OP
Just paid off my credit card ready for a new month.

Didn't expect so many varied answers in all honesty, good insight for me I feel. I wasn't so I could judge people, just so I can get a wider picture of how people manage there finances.

Soldato
Why hold such large current account balances? Open an e-savings account with the same bank, and when you need money transfer across and it'll be instant.

Admittedly e-savings accounts with major banks tend to accrue ~2%, but its better than 0.01%.

Soldato
Absolutely pointless keeping money in a current account that pays 0.5% interest.
I feed it money to pay bills and that's all

Soldato
Keeping a balance of over 1k in your current account (unless you have a very good interest rate in your current) for extended periods of time isnt the cleverest idea TBH.
I make most of my purchases on credit card and have the direct debit taken out for the full balance the day after my payslip goes in along with all my other current DD's. Then I put nearly all of the remainder into savings. Then repeat every month.
Plus I dont like to keep money in my current account for fear of fraud.

Soldato
Current account 1500+. just been paid
My attempt at savings account = £950

lol

Have all my DD's coming out today though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I would have problems restricting my self to £150 every few days, let alone every month.:eek:

That £150 is purely for fun things, not petrol/food/bits and bobs for living, just things like drinks, tobacco ect ect.

If you seriously can't help but spend £150 within 5 days, let alone 3, then you got issues mate :)

ags

Back
Top Bottom