Current best bang for buck headset?

Man of Honour
I do a lot of research before buying things, normally to the point of confusing myself and then not being able to decide. After doing this for about a month on and off, I got the HyperX Cloud Alpha for Christmas, and I'm really impressed with them for the price. Their predecessor - the Cloud 2 - was a rebranded pair of great bang for buck headphones (Takstar I believe) with a mic and some aesthetic changes. The Cloud Alpha is an evolution of that, and although HyperX have actually made their own headphones for it as opposed to rebranding anther manufacturers, they're widely reported as being superior to the Cloud 2. Have a look about on YouTube for reviews and you'll see them being recommended as the best value choice under £100.

Soldato
I've always liked the HyperX Cloud, not only for the sound, but comfort too.

Edit: use Cloud Alpha on my Xbox One, and really rate them; little to no quality difference when going to a pair of MMX 300 on a PC.

Soldato
Depends entirely on budget.
Do you need microphone, or is it that headset just sounds moire fancy than headphone.
And do you have noisy or quiet environment.

I do a lot of research before buying things, normally to the point of confusing myself
If you're not scratching your head at some point, you likely aren't doing research.

Associate
I have the arctis 5 and love them. Super comfy and I like the dial where you can drop voice chat at the turn of a knob. Great when you're the last man standing and need utter silence to hear footsteps

Soldato
Another vote for the Hyper X Cloud. Used a few headsets over the years, best blend of sound quality, mic quality and comfort. I can happily used them for hours at a time when endurance iRacing...

Associate
I am looking to buy Arctis 5, only worry is mic quality?
How is it for you?

Have no problems if anything i get told to turn my mic sensitivity down as people can hear too much. My friend has the same headset although mine is the 2019 model and his not but the quality on both is decent and clear. Really good headset to wear for long periods

Caporegime
While my Cloud's were extremely comfortable and I can wear them for hours the mic on mine went after just over a year. I still use them for music but bought a set of Sennheiser GSP300's as a replacement. Great headset but a fair bit more than the Hyper X's. I found that Headsets around £50-£60 don't really vary in quality over the £30 sets so I went a bit higher and they've been flawless and are very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom