Current version of Logitech MX510 gaming mouse

Associate
Hi all,

I recently bought a new PC and it came with a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse. Both are "okay" but the mouse is a bit light and small for me (I think it's an M185?). Anyway, on my old computer I had a Logitech MX510 for like 15 years and thought it was a good mouse. I liked the size and weight of it, it was just right for me.

So this mouse looks like it isn't made anymore, and anything similar is quite expensive by the looks of it (£50+ sort of area). Does anyone know of a Logitech mouse that is like the old MX510 (good quality, chunky etc) but doesn't cost a fortune? I just need it for everyday sort of stuff (not gaming) although I do draw using vector art package as a hobby so needs to be fairly decent resolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Soldato
I feel your pain. I found nothing that'll replicate the 510 and I tried loads and in the end I gave up and decided to get used to whatever I could find suitable in looks and feel for me. In the end I got MX Master Mouse cheap.

Soldato
Interesting fact, the MX510 has an extra weight added at the top of the shell.

The 403 is in the ballpark. Chunky, well built. It's not the same though. It's lighter too, even with the weight added.

My guess, the G502, G402 would be closer overall, but they are expensive. As for the cheaper stuff, the new Microsoft Explorer, if you're not gaming? It's like the old one in terms of shape, if you're familliar with it.

Associate
Solution
I had the same issue when my mx510 started acting up after 10 years or so and had similar dark thoughts to yourselves. I moved to a Zowie Evo however was never 100% comfortable with it so I started looking for similar shape to the 510, even considering buying a second hand 518 if I could find one.

In the end I got a G502 and I can assure you it is almost the same shape as the 510/518. When you use it, it feels familiar but with obvious benefit of the new sensor that is one of the best on the market even after a couple of years now. I like the weight adjust-ability on the bottom and the infinity wheel is handing when browsing large documents and websites. My only complaints are

1. The bottom mouse foot needed replacing. Easy to replace and not a big problem.
2. The mouse wheel moves a little cause it can click side to side. Not noticeable as it is really high quality mouse.

I bought my G502 from well known high street retailer for 35 notes. They do logitech deals every now and again.

Soldato
a bit late to the party but the G502 is too different in feel and shape
the G403 has a weird bump on the top of the mouse if you can get used to it then its a good replacement, personally i couldnt.
the G400 is the perfect replacement but good luck trying to get hold of one of those.

Back
Top Bottom