Currently at 2.6GHz @ 1.65v 3000+ E3 Venice, safe?

Soldato
Not really on air, the E3s are 1.5v stock right? Just that i have my 3200 @ 2.5ghz 1.55v perfectly stable. Try lowerign it s tiny bit at a time testing stability as you go.

Soldato
is it 47*c at idle or underload

edit - i've just seen the first post, ill learn to read.
1.65v is abit high, do you have to run it at 1.65v to get it to run at that speed? maybe try it a 1.6v

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Full load Prime is 47°C yes, idle is around 28°C.

Well I have tried 1.6 and it failed Prime, so I'm going to see if I can pass a good 12 hours at 1.65, then I'll try and knock it down a tad.

Soldato
Temps are important and your temp is OK (assuming its right.... I've yet to see, and for the life of me i have no idea why they havent nailed it, but accurate temp readings seem to be a big problem for the industry.... i would say yours could be 5C off or something) - but voltage will still kill the cpu.
I would agree with 1.6v (actual voltage - not what u set in the mobo options) is more than enough on air.

Soldato
Mr Paul said:
LOL indeed, but they know what the limits are for air cooling etc.
Yes... yes they do. I've seen their 'aircooling'. Normally consists of a 120mm delta fan on the memory and one over the NB. On the CPU they have an industrial aircon unit and on the GPU they have a leaf blower :p

Soldato
Goksly said:
Yes... yes they do. I've seen their 'aircooling'. Normally consists of a 120mm delta fan on the memory and one over the NB. On the CPU they have an industrial aircon unit and on the GPU they have a leaf blower :p

lmao.... yeh... not your average 'quiet pc'.

my 3000 venice does 2.7 on about 1.55v and 2.8 on 1.6+ but i would be wary about taking it over the 1.6 barrier as you have to think of the percentage of over volting. 1.6 is quite a jump over 1.55v. also i think you have to take into account any voltage 'spikes' that occur with anything electrical. i dont know how much they would spike but if it pushes it over the edge then bang. xtremesystems tend to use £200 fortan(?) etc PSUS... not your average 400w mid range one lol.

Soldato
It's fine to be honest.

All these women on the forum, OMG IT GOES OVER 49 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!

I don't recall AMD saying that it was a very bad thing to have your temps over 50 degrees. I've got a newcastle chip myself, with a stock voltage of 1.55-1.6, i can't remember. Anyway, i'm running at 1.72v with 2.5ghz clock.

That's on air, and my temps get into the mid 50's.

I've had the chip over a year, been at these temps/clocks constatntly and its still running as good as new.

Soldato
A random name said:
It's fine to be honest.

All these women on the forum, OMG IT GOES OVER 49 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!

I don't recall AMD saying that it was a very bad thing to have your temps over 50 degrees. I've got a newcastle chip myself, with a stock voltage of 1.55-1.6, i can't remember. Anyway, i'm running at 1.72v with 2.5ghz clock.

That's on air, and my temps get into the mid 50's.

I've had the chip over a year, been at these temps/clocks constatntly and its still running as good as new.

agreed on the temp thing... ive had athlons running at 60c with 1.7v going through them and theyve never let me down. the chips are designed for up to 80Cish so temps arent that much of a problem, its more the safelimit of voltage i think. especially as onboard voltage readings can vary quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom