Cushion for Noblechairs Hero?

Associate
I don't suppose anyone has found a cushion or pad that is compatible with the Hero? I'm finding it really hard at the moment.

I bought memory foam wedge off Amazon which was so bad it wasn't funny which I'm going to be sending back shortly.

I know the solution is probably to buy a new chair, but I'm hoping a cushion will help out until then.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Hi,

It's the actual base seat I'm talking about. I feel like I need a bit more padding at the moment.

Associate
OP
+1 Same chair, same problem.
Sorry to her this, I thought it was just me. Have you found any workarounds at all?

I'm thinking that some kind of memory foam wedge would work as there is an incline on the seat. The cushion I've so far tried is the "Medipaq memory foam cushion" it didn't feel like memory foam at all, in fact it was rock hard and way too high.

I've found a couple of alternatives I'm going to give a go which are slimmer, I will let you know if they are any good.

Associate
Two years on and the seat's cushioning on the Hero feels like it's down to metal. I've put a piece of camping mat to sit on, and seems fine for now. But would like something fitted, less Macgyver. Did anyone find anything?

Associate
OP
I've found that due to the way the chair seat slopes it doesn't work well with cushions. I tried an amazon memory foam seat pad which was 3cm thick, it felt too high, and because it's bouncy it's a bit wobbly and raises up too much on the legs so not comfortable.

Something I am currently sitting on which offers a bit of extra comfort is the IKEA HERDIS seat pad:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/herdis-chair-pad-bright-green-00416607/

It's only 1.8 cm thick so doesn't offer a massive amount of support but in my view it's definitely helping. It's also £4.50 so not a massive investment. I'd recommend giving it a go cheers.

Soldato
That's worrying. It's the reason why I'm looking for a new chair actually, not having enough padding and compressing too far.
Might have to put Nobel chairs on the back-burner now.

Associate
OP
To be fair comfort is subjective, I suffer from lower back pain. I do think the general consensus is that these chairs are firm which is no problem if you don't have a bad back. I do like the chair and I've owned 2 high end "ergonomic" chairs which were terrible and rate the Hero highly. I just wish the seat was flat and a bit softer.

Associate
OP
That sucks, but well done for trying. I was looking at other options but it seems all the other chairs are the same design roughly.

Associate
I had the same problem with my Noble chair, the base was just too hard and eventually it developed a couple of worn spots in the faux leather. So I bought a Milliard memory foam cushion from the rainforest. This is soft enough to improve comfort, has a breathable and removable cover and is big enough to cover the base reasonably well (18" x 16" x 3").

Back
Top Bottom