Custom "Hi-fi" build

Associate
First off i accept this may get flamed to hell and back and apologise if this isnt really the right place to ask, it also may be quite a long read.
I have two 10" 1200 watt pioneer champion series subs in a sealed box with an american legacy amp. Iv looked around and cant find a cheap way to power them in the home so i want to incorporate them into a DIY boom box style build, subs at the bottom then a box on top with two 6.5" comp speakers, a box on top to house the bluetooth/aux in headunit with a fan on the back and then a box on top of that with the tweeters. Three switches on the side one power then two fan switches and a voltmeter. All this powered by a 12v car battery (probably the part where i get flamed), with a 12v battery charger incorporated to charge when the voltage drops too low. I have seen similar builds on youtube.
Now, if i put the comp speakers in a sealed box, what effect does having two or preferably four in one box have on the volume of the box needed, is it as simple as doubling/quadrupling if using the same speakers?

Of course im open to any other suggestions, i understand its going to weigh a ton and the power supply isnt particularly fantastic but i dont know how else to power the thing with the subs equalling 2400 watts without spending crazy money.

TLDR; How does the amount of speakers mounted in an MDF sealed box effect the volume of the box required?

Thanks for reading
Dan

Soldato
I'd head over to AVForums, theres a DIY speaker section there where people are doing the same sort of thing.

I'd get a PA amp to drive the subs, something like a Behringer. I don't think you will need 2400 watt amps.

Any box you put a speaker driver in has to be the correct size for the driver parameters. The people on AVF will be able to help if you tell them the exact drivers you have.

Back
Top Bottom