• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
I don't know why but I am not impressed by this game graphically, some scenes look great and most others are just meh.

I just doubt feel like they used their polygon count optimally, there are other games that are not graphically intensive but look amazing, as example demons soul on ps5.
I suppose the large number of people in the game takes up polygon count leaving not much for environmental details. I don't know, maybe I am being too harsh.

Associate
Anyone here willing to try this out?
I tried it to see if it would increase the details distance.
It is strange that some random items seem to suffer really badly in this game.
I know I'm overanalyzing this but in FPS mode when stuff is disappearing in front of you it's very noticeable.
I noticed these pipes the first time I left afterlife so looked a bit closer and you can see everything losing detail at a very short distance.
you would never notice the 3 fans unless you were looking for it but the pipes are what drew me in.
1.original
2.fan textures.
3.back pipe bracket
4.fan brackets
5.pipe brackets
6. pipes
ZmtZfak.jpg
t4ti6P7.jpg
vsjosMB.png
rCMjKxk.png
TYavzKz.png
DS1dZ4s.png

Soldato
OP
RIP 9700k and 8600k

The 8 Core CPUs do very well generally, particulary the R7 2700 and R7 3700X. Shame there is no R7 5700X yet, I'm sure it would do very well in single threaded and multithreaded tasks.

The R3 3300X is probably roughly equivalent to my 4770K in performance... I'm a bit staggered to see that upgrading to an R7 5800X or 10700 would probably more than double my minimum framerate in this game, at least on the medium gfx preset.

Actually, I think CDPR deserves some credit for actually utilizing this many CPU cores in Cyberpunk 2077 - Although with some hiccups on AMD CPUs with SMT at launch.

I assume efficient 8 core multithreading will become much more common now, since the Series X / PS5 launches.

Last edited:
Soldato
People are saying they are getting double performance in some cases by making the game use all available memory (system and vram)

If you got a a good amount of spare ram you get a huge performance boost

This fix also makes the game load about 80% faster

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kcka6t/unlock_your_cyberpunk_2077_memory_pool_budget/

Just tried it with a 3090 + 5800x and it lets me bump DLSS from performance to balanced and tweak 2 more settings while staying smooth. Worth giving a go. Just back up the 2 files first.

Soldato

RIP 9700k and 8600k
I don't understand why the 8700K and 9900K are doing so poorly in those benchmarks. The 10600K is right up near the 10900K (and would likely match it once overclocked), so why are the Coffee Lake chips using the same architecture doing much worse? It's not clock speed, given the 9900K is clocked higher in every way than a 10600K out of the box and has more cores, so how can it be 30fps worse off than a 10600K?

Soldato
i’ve posted before about this but the 9900k needs to be manually setup and double checked twice. It’s one of the worst firmware supported chips i have ever used. You put it in one MB and it’s fine, switch it and you lose a ton of perf because a switch or flag is not setup properly and/or your RAM clock stops working.

People just can’t be bothered with it and that’s why we keep seeing 9900k scores all over the shop.

Soldato
I tried it to see if it would increase the details distance.
It is strange that some random items seem to suffer really badly in this game.
I know I'm overanalyzing this but in FPS mode when stuff is disappearing in front of you it's very noticeable.
I noticed these pipes the first time I left afterlife so looked a bit closer and you can see everything losing detail at a very short distance.
you would never notice the 3 fans unless you were looking for it but the pipes are what drew me in.
1.original
2.fan textures.
3.back pipe bracket
4.fan brackets
5.pipe brackets
6. pipes
Snip..

Thank you for the detailed breakdown.
Did you feel that the tweaks made any sort of difference for your systems?
It seems like the video you posted of the livestream is permenantly broken. Maybe the reason Youtube was down earlier was because it was struggling to process it.:D

Just tried it with a 3090 + 5800x and it lets me bump DLSS from performance to balanced and tweak 2 more settings while staying smooth. Worth giving a go. Just back up the 2 files first.
Would you know roughly what sort of FPS gains you got out of these tweaks?

I don't understand why the 8700K and 9900K are doing so poorly in those benchmarks. The 10600K is right up near the 10900K (and would likely match it once overclocked), so why are the Coffee Lake chips using the same architecture doing much worse? It's not clock speed, given the 9900K is clocked higher in every way than a 10600K out of the box and has more cores, so how can it be 30fps worse off than a 10600K?
Maybe the base clock is an issue?

Soldato
There are a few threads over on Reddit explaining why the issues are happening on AMD CPUs. In particular that using old code back during bulldozer days which is hampering performance on AMD.

I can only assume it is the same for HT on Intel side.

A colossal screw-up from the Developers.

Associate
Thank you for the detailed breakdown.
Did you feel that the tweaks made any sort of difference for your systems?
It seems like the video you posted of the livestream is permenantly broken. Maybe the reason Youtube was down earlier was because it was struggling to process it.:D
yeah not sure what happened that persons video.
tweaking that file done nothing for me but my system is already stretched so wasn't expecting a performance increase. I just wanted to see if it was helped with the pop in.

I hope they fix the detail distance to be more consistent. No reason for the details to be dropped at less than 2-3m from the character.

Man of Honour

Something isn't right with the game - it is running way better on my 1650 V2 than many people are reporting on 7, 8 and 9 series CPUs - I am CPU limited though despite the GPU at 96-97% utilisation and CPU at 40-50% overclocking the GPU gets about 0.5% increase in FPS for 10% higher frequency while +10% CPU gets around 3-4% more FPS all the way to the max I can OC it.

There seems to be some odd thread utilisation even on Intel - I think 1-2 threads like high frequency but keep hopping cores or something so maybe you need a high locked all core boost to offset that.

Back
Top Bottom