• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Associate
while I'm here;

I get between 55 - 65 fps on ultra, RT on ultra at 1440p. Not enough for some of you frame junkies but I've always liked to get the highest visual quality I can as long as it's playable.

Zotac AMP HOLO 3080
i7 9700k
16GB Ram

Soldato
Jim makes Karl Marx look far right these days though... he's gone a bit looney, especially this year - I think the lockdown's gotten to him with only twitterati folk to interact with. I don't doubt CP2077 has done at least 10mil net, I don't even think the refunds are anywhere near as much as the media would have you believe - we all know they just deal in outrage and try to blow everything way out of proportion.

He always was a bit looney ranting on like his opinion was the only one that mattered in the whole wide world

Associate
Only bug I have had recently is when driving through the Japanese part of night city where I see v appear breafly in a t pose above the car. Apart from that all good. With around 40 hours played now and only just starting Act 2, I recon I will get a good 30 more hours of this yet before I complete it as side quests seem to unlock as you play more main missions.
Ive had

"speak to Vic" bug (game wont progress after speaking to Vic the ripperdoc), reload older save
NPC citizens disappearing after bumping into them
NPC citizens walking in the air etc
A car I bought was submerged in the floor before I got in
Physics bugs, random items smashing etc
Occasional weird texture/item folded in on itself
NCPD mission "Needle in a haystack" not completable after using skill check to open a door and looting the item
and the irritating can't pick up an item because there is another item nearby that you have to loot to get it out of the way.

I'm dreading the 8mb save file corruption.

Soldato
Ive had

"speak to Vic" bug (game wont progress after speaking to Vic the ripperdoc), reload older save - Didn't happen to me, maybe some other condition caused it.
NPC citizens disappearing after bumping into them - Happened once but i find it more annoying that they all run away if you jump on one of them.
NPC citizens walking in the air etc - Only seen this once and that happened last night after 50hrs of gameplay.
A car I bought was submerged in the floor before I got in - Yeah seen this once when, car does pop back up once you purchase it though. guess its just a clipping issue.
Physics bugs, random items smashing etc - Yup this happens a fair bit with things randomly smashing when you pick up an item.
Occasional weird texture/item folded in on itself - Not seen this one yet.
NCPD mission "Needle in a haystack" not completable after using skill check to open a door and looting the item - dont think i've encountered this mission yet but i encountered one under a bridge near the rim of the city limits that wouldn't complete after you collect the evidence or the evidence wasn't there.
and the irritating can't pick up an item because there is another item nearby that you have to loot to get it out of the way. - Yes i agree with this one, though most of the time its just junk so i ignore it lol.

I'm dreading the 8mb save file corruption. - I save regularly with multiple saves so i dont think this will be as big of an issue as they make it out to be.

Soldato
Physics bugs, random items smashing etc
and the irritating can't pick up an item because there is another item nearby that you have to loot to get it out of the way.

I'm dreading the 8mb save file corruption.

I've had those 2 above bugs in 94 hours. Also add the audio not playing on calls and/or audio on 2 conversations playing at the same time. NPC pathing going through objects/vehicles. Once or twice quest progression didn't flag and required a reload (the first mission with Jackie to rescue the girl from the scavs was my first encounter with that).

As for the 8mb save file -- my file reached 5.5mb and I picked up just about everything I came across and engaged in the crafting system enough to reach level 11 crafting - finished the game at level 44 with ALL yellow quests complete (the blues are just "random encounters" afaik) , I'm not sure what these folk are doing to get over 8mb.

Associate
I've had those 2 above bugs in 94 hours. Also add the audio not playing on calls and/or audio on 2 conversations playing at the same time. NPC pathing going through objects/vehicles. Once or twice quest progression didn't flag and required a reload (the first mission with Jackie to rescue the girl from the scavs was my first encounter with that).

As for the 8mb save file -- my file reached 5.5mb and I picked up just about everything I came across and engaged in the crafting system enough to reach level 11 crafting - finished the game at level 44 with ALL yellow quests complete (the blues are just "random encounters" afaik) , I'm not sure what these folk are doing to get over 8mb.
I'm about 45hrs played, lvl 20 ish. I was looting most things and selling etc save files are 4.2mb

Soldato

More than likely taking advantage of the crafting system. Crafting loads of grenades, dismantling them for rare and epic components and selling them for easy eddies. Seen someone on a video do it... absolutely pointless if you ask me, just play the game and do the missions.

Associate
Maybe the big size of the save is already a sign of a bug. I remember i've seen that in some games, saving the game in some particular moments increased the save file size a lot and then if you were using that save the RAM usage increased and the performance dropped.
Few years ago i played Motorsport Manager and i remember that game had this bug if you were scouting drivers and were building the scouting center. Once the scouting center was finished, if i had more drivers in the queue the save game file almost doubled and from there on, i had a lot of performance issues.

Soldato
More than likely taking advantage of the crafting system. Crafting loads of grenades, dismantling them for rare and epic components and selling them for easy eddies. Seen someone on a video do it... absolutely pointless if you ask me, just play the game and do the missions.

I did that a bit, but not to sell the components - to use them. Upgrading Epic/Legendary takes a heck of a lot of components - and despite not selling any gear (dismantling anything I didn't want) I had no where near enough to upgrade some stuff at all :(

Associate
Most noticeable bug I've seen is smashing into a road block (that usually has NPCs one shot you, at least at my low level), but apparently went fast enough that when my car jammed underneath their enormous armoured vehicle, pedal to the metal still with wheels spinning, the turret and NPC about 10 feet away couldn't see/hear me :D

I wasn't able to replicate it though. That one time I pulled it off, I got out of my car and went wandering beyond the road block, but was suddenly detected 50m behind it and was promptly one shot.

Associate
turned on ray tacing and my jaw did not drop(the frame rate did though).

The lighting/shadows are not the problem in this game and standard methods are sufficient.
Its the inconsistent details, pop in and asset streaming they use in the game engine that needs to be tweaked/fixed more than anyone needs ray tracing in this game.

The only positive is that ray traced SSR is less grainy than non ray traced SSR, .

Soldato
turned on ray tacing and my jaw did not drop(the frame rate did though).

What RT setting are you on? I noticed a lot of odd lighting on "Ultra" and below - but "Psycho" RT looked a lot better and didn't hit the fps much more than Ultra. Try that - see if you notice the same. But I agree, the pop-in and draw distance needs a fix.

Associate
What RT setting are you on? I noticed a lot of odd lighting on "Ultra" and below - but "Psycho" RT looked a lot better and didn't hit the fps much more than Ultra. Try that - see if you notice the same. But I agree, the pop-in and draw distance needs a fix.
Its a 3070 I have so didn't want to go too mad. I'll experiment with the psyscho settings when I'm on it tomorrow.
you can see some differences on v off but its certainly not a wow factor especially when there are others aspects as mentioned above holding the game back in terms of graphical fidelity.

Soldato
Its a 3070 I have so didn't want to go too mad. I'll experiment with the psyscho settings when I'm on it tomorrow.
you can see some differences on v off but its certainly not a wow factor especially when there are others aspects as mentioned above holding the game back in terms of graphical fidelity.

Ah, I'm on the 3080 - not sure how different the impact will be on the 3070 then ;o It didn't make much difference bumping it up to Psycho in terms of performance, but it looked better - particularly when driving with someone, on ultra their skin uniformly turned dark for me (but their eyes still glowed white, creepy AF) but on Psycho it looked much more natural with the light.. honestly it looked so bad on Ultra I think it might have bugged or something 'cause everyone instantly turned into a Drow :D

Man of Honour

All ultra/psycho settings with RT enabled and no DLSS runs at about 28 FPS average for me at 1440p on my 3070FE though there are a few spots where it will dip momentarily into single digit FPS. At 1080p it is just about playable without DLSS. In comparison all ultra settings with RT enabled at 1440p pretty much holds 60 FPS with DLSS except for quality which is generally just below 60 at around 56-57FPS.

However for some reason some people are only seeing 45 FPS even with newer CPUs and 3070s or even 3080s with those settings.

Back
Top Bottom