*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
It is that but it's still well worth 14.99 IMO. I missed all the hype and had no real expectations going into it but I've had many hours playing it. It looks great for the most part and there is plenty to do.

Caporegime
Don't let the haters put you of, it is a very good game, just have a look at metacritic and steam user reviews to see how well regarded it is.

Man of Honour
Don't let the haters put you of, it is a very good game, just have a look at metacritic and steam user reviews to see how well regarded it is.

I just can't support that - a very good game would have top notch RPG and related mechanics and it simply doesn't - not even close - it is one of the poorest attempts I've seen in a long time when it comes to crafting, clothing/equipment, mods and skill point use, etc. and at release half of them were purely cosmetic despite the description and/or stats supposedly changing and even now some are still not working at all or not correctly.

There is a lot of compelling stuff to the game and personally I really enjoyed the whole Johnny Silverhands story arc, etc. but the developers and publishers should be deeply ashamed and embarrassed about some aspects of the game and it should have been a priority to completely overhaul them.

While it is a deeply complex game - a lot of the basic mechanics they've completely fallen flat on their face on really aren't actually that hard to design or code - though more advanced RPG mechanics can get mind bogglingly complex to pull off well but that is another story.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I just can't support that - a very good game would have top notch RPG and related mechanics and it simply doesn't - not even close - it is one of the poorest attempts I've seen in a long time when it comes to crafting, clothing/equipment, mods and skill point use, etc. and at release half of them were purely cosmetic despite the description and/or stats supposedly changing and even now some are still not working at all or not correctly.

Its lazy championing. I like this game so I will promote it, and everyone else should like it too! :cry:

I think @d_brennen hit the nail, good enough for current pricing, can take that on the chin but paying launch prices or thereabouts you would be rightly disgruntled. Way overhyped, buggy/glitchy/scandal (like most games I guess these days) except this title had all the promise, shame on the delivery.

Man of Honour
Its lazy championing. I like this game so I will promote it, and everyone else should like it too! :cry:

I think @d_brennen hit the nail, good enough for current pricing, can take that on the chin but paying launch prices or thereabouts you would be rightly disgruntled. Way overhyped, buggy/glitchy/scandal (like most games I guess these days) except this title had all the promise, shame on the delivery.

I don't personally think the game deserved the launch it had or to be in the state it is and I put over 100 hours into it and got a lot of enjoyment from the game at the same time I find it an abomination to call it a good game let alone a very good game with the state of so much in the game. I only do game development as a bit of a hobby but I'd be incredibly upset if the released game was my work.

Soldato
I don't personally think the game deserved the launch it had or to be in the state it is and I put over 100 hours into it and got a lot of enjoyment from the game at the same time I find it an abomination to call it a good game let alone a very good game with the state of so much in the game. I only do game development as a bit of a hobby but I'd be incredibly upset if the released game was my work.

Admire your honesty ser. Been a few threads on other games where this gets dragged in a lot as the default comparison to what a game needs to be like (I guess its because its a AAA title and has RT but I digress) yet although I was itching for a good game to play on quality graphics, the information and feedback from the community said otherwise.

I have it bought for the Christmas playlist now, rude not to for 14.99 but your summation seems to be is the reality here.

Man of Honour
Admire your honesty ser. Been a few threads on other games where this gets dragged in a lot as the default comparison to what a game needs to be like (I guess its because its a AAA title and has RT but I digress) yet although I was itching for a good game to play on quality graphics, the information and feedback from the community said otherwise.

I have it bought for the Christmas playlist now, rude not to for 14.99 but your summation seems to be is the reality here.

There are some compelling experiences in there if you can get it at a knock down price - Judy's arc for instance is a whole game worth of content itself and a great experience against the backdrop of the game world.

But it is somewhat pot luck what your experience will be in the game - my first play through in terms of bugs was relatively pain free until I tried to start a new character but other people have had things like the whole traffic simulation exploding and causing performance issues and game crashes from the start and still not properly fixed for them now.

And that isn't touching on many of the underpinning RPG and combat mechanics, etc. which are best just given a miss and playing it as a straight up shooter TBH which takes so much from what the game should be. The whole clothing situation for instance is an utter joke where you have limited ability to acquire and use the style and perks from clothing you want ending up with a mismatch of conflicting items and bonuses half of which still don't actually work - a large part of why people play these kind of games is to put their own spin on building up their character. And that extends to many other areas of the game.

Soldato
And that isn't touching on many of the underpinning RPG and combat mechanics, etc. which are best just given a miss and playing it as a straight up shooter TBH which takes so much from what the game should be. The whole clothing situation for instance is an utter joke where you have limited ability to acquire and use the style and perks from clothing you want ending up with a mismatch of conflicting items and bonuses half of which still don't actually work - a large part of why people play these kind of games is to put their own spin on building up their character. And that extends to many other areas of the game.

Strange, as over in the FC6 thread there were a couple of jesters scuppering the pages in denial (basically had an agenda), somewhat the polar opposite even though when you play FC6 the explosions are good, combat not bad etc. but in the real footage of CP it was budget in comparison which is why I felt knew some people just talk BS! ;) :p

Man of Honour
Strange, as over in the FC6 thread there were a couple of jesters scuppering the pages in denial (basically had an agenda), somewhat the polar opposite even though when you play FC6 the explosions are good, combat not bad etc. but in the real footage of CP it was budget in comparison which is why I felt knew some people just talk BS! ;) :p

When watching videos of CP2077 before launch I had a lot of questions about the gun play in the game, probably not helped with it being console footage, it looked clunky and awkward as anything but to be fair I didn't hate it when playing - it isn't the best but it is perfectly usable and at times almost good.

Back
Top Bottom