*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

V F

V F

Soldato
I'd say it's worth it, but do some modding to get the best out of it.
Mods such as these at the minimum (and their required dependencies):

Full gameplay rebalance https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3010
Enhanced police https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1672
Crowds and traffic https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3176?tab=files

How are these files so tiny and the developers cannot implement them themselves? That's what I'm shocked at when starting to get into these mods last night.

In a way I love the fact how moddable this game can be that it reminds me of the old days of PC gaming.

They've even got a physics mod for female breasts that move more subtly on motion. :cry:

Man of Honour
How are these files so tiny and the developers cannot implement them themselves? That's what I'm shocked at when starting to get into these mods last night.

In a way I love the fact how moddable this game can be that it reminds me of the old days of PC gaming.

They've even got a physics mod for female breasts that move more subtly on motion. :cry:

I've not looked at them but if its datafile tweaks and a bit of scripting it won't take up much space.

It always boggles my mind though, despite knowing a bit about the approach used to develop games, how inflexible most studios/publishers are when it comes to making changes to a game - there are loads of games with long standing legacy bugs I could fix in an afternoon or two tops :s

Soldato
Those kind of mods are mostly just config files, rather than hefty textures/models etc.

Yeah, I also got the body replacer and boob jiggle mods too :D The latter isn't as much fun as the Skyrim equivalent, since it only applies to V and certain NPC characters. It's not like everyone's jiggling away.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've not looked at them but if its datafile tweaks and a bit of scripting it won't take up much space.

It always boggles my mind though, despite knowing a bit about the approach used to develop games, how inflexible most studios/publishers are when it comes to making changes to a game - there are loads of games with long standing legacy bugs I could fix in an afternoon or two tops :s

Reminds me of the years PC modding was at its height, 2002 - 2006 the days before games were streamlined for consoles. I loved those times when PC games weren't held back by console limitations.

The passionate modders for PC gaming really are something else compared to game developers/directors/publishers/ceos. The passion for the games they love not the passion for money alone.

This is one of the reasons I seriously despise EA and Ubisoft as they greatly fall into that category. They know of the bugs/glitches/exploits, play it down by asking for pictures and video footage to be seeing to be doing something and 6 months to a year passes and nothing gets fixed. Rinse and repeat. Or the games have died by the time some of the fixes came around but most of the time they simply are left greatly broken.

Those kind of mods are mostly just config files, rather than hefty textures/models etc.

Yeah, I also got the body replacer and boob jiggle mods too :D The latter isn't as much fun as the Skyrim equivalent, since it only applies to V and certain NPC characters. It's not like everyone's jiggling away.

The texture mods are truly a lot of work though. They can take days for one image which will no doubt lead to massive files. They're very impressive on their own.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
At one point Skippy will ask to be returned to his original owner. Don't do it!

Cyberpunk%202077%20Screenshot%202021.12.26%20-%2004.13.58.74.jpg

I am at 158 hours, all side missions, all crimes, all odd jobs completed. The map is job-free for me now and I feel I've explored every part of it. Nothing left to find unless there's secret easter eggs unknown as of yet... I don't know how to make any more money to buy some new cyber kit for myself or perk up my weapons etc. the rare painting loophole of buying and selling no longer works either so basically I am stuck now until the new DLC campaigns land I think!

The Ray Tracing crash bug mentioned earlier btw, I had this on my 3080 Ti FE and tried almost everything but in the end what fixed it for me was adjusting some BIOS settings for the RAM (changed from dynamic RAM timings to Fixed) and also undervolting my GPU. In MSI Afterburner I set the temp limit to 80 degrees which is synced to power limit so the power limit also drops to 88%. There is no loss in performance and the game no longe crashes to desktop even after several hours of play.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks @mrk nice concise feedback. I have downloaded this (rural BB so couple of evenings) any tips before playing it I should know about?
Some items on the ground are bugged and can't be picked up, hacking is OP, especially on higher difficulty settings. You can get an aerondight fpr free in the middle game so dont buy it.

Associate
I keep thinking of getting this but may just hold out to see the patches next year and if they do happen, sure they probably will, then look into getting it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's actually been one of the most played games of the year considering everything... the fact that there is a huge reddit community for it alone is something.

Soldato
I bought it on a whim a couple of nights ago and haven't been able to put it down since.

I've not encountered any real bugs other than my car randomly spawning on top of another once, but everything else seems solid. It's actually pretty fun!

Absolutely batters my 3700x and 2080Ti though when maxed out :p

Associate
How is ultrawide support? It sounds like it's not supported. I'm debating to get this or Red Dead 2, which does support ultrawides

Also need too take comments and feedback from software developers with a gain of salt, we're the worst bunch at nit picking on random stuff. There's books written on this stuff. Pretty sure Rroff is one :cry: I try to temper my inner developer when speaking with normies

If you look at the stats for CP2077 vs other open world RPGs like Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim, even GTA games. It actually rates really well in the amount of people getting a game ending trophy. These types of games have a huge amount of people starting but never finishing them. It's meant to be one of the reasons they tried to streamline CP2077 a bit

Not really a fair test though as apparently you can finish CP2077 in a day or so where as you can't with the others.

Soldato
Not really a fair test though as apparently you can finish CP2077 in a day or so where as you can't with the others.

That's a terrible test that you're saying. Any of those games can have their main quest done in less than a day. Some less than an hour if you check out the speed running scene.

Man of Honour
Some less than an hour if you check out the speed running scene.

Some of the developer react videos on speed runs can be interesting (some not so much) - there was one game I forget which which is hideously long someone found out how to get to the ending in 3 minutes or something.

Caporegime
Unless you literally play the whole day.... there is no way you can finish cyberpunk and even then you would literally "race" through it without touching any of the side missions....

Ultrawide works without any issues too, just as good as RDR 2, in fact, probably better since you don't have to mess with any fixes where as with rdr 2, you do for the cinematic scenes....

I bought it on a whim a couple of nights ago and haven't been able to put it down since.

I've not encountered any real bugs other than my car randomly spawning on top of another once, but everything else seems solid. It's actually pretty fun!

Seems to be a common theme with people who end up buying it despite having doubts etc. before hand :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Unless you literally play the whole day.... there is no way you can finish cyberpunk and even then you would literally "race" through it without touching any of the side missions....

These are the same people that then say "**** story!" as they didn't know what is was about. The same people I see on twitch that are skipping all the interaction parts then asking what it was all about? "Where do I go?" "What have I to do?" "What did they say?" "**** game!"

Back
Top Bottom