*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
picked up this game a few months back for £11 just completed all endings. Have to say for the slagging it received it was a good game not with out it`s problems but what game is these days, developers prefer the end user for beta testing. :D the only negative for me was just to easy to complete at the hardest level and i do not consider myself a hardcore gamer. Looking forward to the expansion.

Associate
Hi my new pc.

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic 1300 PX Platinum Prime

So i have installed Windows 11,newest. I dont have crashing in games. But when launching Cyberpunk 2077 on epic launcher on first time after system is idling it will crash on intro part or sooner.

"error log""Cyberpunk2077 has flatlined"

Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception

It will crash when system was idling few hours. And then when i launch game. It will crash on intro ,or cd projekt logo. Second time game will launch fine.

But when the game start, i can play without issues/crashes,yes. Is my hardware fine?

I tried even without MSI AFTERBURNER but the same error.

PS:I tested ram by Karhu Ram test and HCI memtest and no errors.

Soldato
Studio Trigger are making an official Cyberpunk anime (10 episodes) coming out in September.

Trigger are very good at making over the top action scenes so I think this will at least be an enjoyable watch, though I am not expecting anything too deep lore wise.

Soldato
I was a bit hesitant about getting this due to all the negative reports on release, but for £12 during these sales and with nothing else tempting me to play, I decided to give it a go.

Coming in without any high expectations, I have been having a great time with it. It's clearly not some kind of new generation, envelope-pushing work of gaming art, which I gather is what it set itself up to be. It has all the same limitations most open-world RPGs have, but the setting is fun to role-play in, it's good a decent atmosphere and it looks great. It kind of puts me in mind of an open-world Deus Ex crossed with Watchdogs, which is fine with me.

I am getting a bit jaded on the gigs after racing through about 15 of them, too. Probably time to push on with the story a bit more. Fifteen hours and I only just saw Keanu...

Only noticed a few bugs. Sometimes NPCs' weaopn textures don't load, and it's been a bit jarring having a conversation with a guy trying to be threatening whilst looking like he's holding an imaginary shotgun. Also, when I take over cameras to scout bases, my character slides along the ground in what seems to be a random direction. It's also jarring trying to silently mark enemies from cover and then seeing my character slide slowly through the middle of them all and then get killed while I watch on CCTV.

I am going all-in on Int and hacks on hard difficulty. If my character is spotted I tend to die in quite short order, and that makes for some good tension and stealthing. Still haven't got any heavily damaging hacks, though, so I am relying on short-circuiting people's eyes and choking them out while they recover. I imagine there is a more effective way to play this build. Any good tips for bulding a hacker?

Soldato
Well its a great game really one year on(i did not have any real problems with it from the start even, like many people didn't either), to many people jumped on the bandwagon of hate, it won a few game of the year awards last year even, including for Outstanding story-rich game of the year from steam.

Associate
I was one of those that played at launch and didn't run into a lot of bugs. The police were the most obnoxious system and I believe that's been tweaked slightly now. Thoroughly enjoyed it though and waiting to see what the dlc/expansions become for a new run.

Associate
Hi my new pc.

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

So i have installed Windows 11,newest. I dont have crashing in games. But when launching Cyberpunk 2077 on epic launcher on first time after system is idling it will crash on intro part or sooner. I tried even running from desktop shortcut,no help.

Version=1
EventTime=0
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason

It will crash on intro ,or cd projekt logo. Second time game will launch fine.

But when the game start, i can play without issues/crashes,yes. Is my hardware fine?

Soldato
Hi my new pc.

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

So i have installed Windows 11,newest. I dont have crashing in games. But when launching Cyberpunk 2077 on epic launcher on first time after system is idling it will crash on intro part or sooner. I tried even running from desktop shortcut,no help.

Version=1
EventTime=0
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason

It will crash on intro ,or cd projekt logo. Second time game will launch fine.

Man of Honour
Well its a great game really one year on(i did not have any real problems with it from the start even, like many people didn't either), to many people jumped on the bandwagon of hate, it won a few game of the year awards last year even, including for Outstanding story-rich game of the year from steam.

The major issues were firstly that it was released as a bug-laden beta with parts missing and other parts obviously hacked out and papered over with stopgaps and secondly (and most importantly) that the devs flat out lied about the game to the extent that they were formally investigated for fraud by their government. Then there was the fact that it was sold on platforms that couldn't run it. Of course any criticism for any reason was dismissed as "hate" because that's an effective tactic. Even minor criticism of obvious shortcomings such as the numerous perks that did nothing at all, that had no code behind them.

I paid the full £50 for the game a few days after release and I enjoyed it and considered it worth £50. I was lucky enough to not encounter any bugs until my second playthrough and even then not any of the numerous game-breaking bugs. But I hadn't seen anything about the game it was falsely claimed to be, so I wasn't expecting it to be that game. I think that if you ignore the lying and take the game as it is rather than what it was falsely sold as being and if you don't encounter any of the major bugs (which have been mostly fixed now), it's a good though badly flawed game. The setting has a lot of potential and CDPR can do excellent storytelling both directly and through the gameworld. I'd pay another £50 for a sequel, though I'd wait a little while to see if (unlike CP2077) it was finished before being sold. I'd even consider buying DLC for CP2077, if it was substantial and not just a new jacket or suchlike.

Soldato
I bought the game upon release, fully expecting it to resemble what the developers had presented it as being; an immersive, cyberpunk experience. Immersion, in my opinion, is founded principally upon the feeling of being absorbed within the fiction laid out before you. In the context of Cyberpunk 2077, its fiction is driven in large part by the world in which it takes place; as presented to the audience in the form of Night City (and its suburbs, districts etc). Therein lies the issue...

As bold and as beautiful as the world is, there is very little else outside of the visuals that serves to draw you in and capture your imagination (imo). I personally think that the devs neglected to fully appreciate what constitutes a living, breathing city, and instead focused purely upon the aesthetics. The city is ultimately the catalyst for the telling of the story. And because it feels unfinished, the fiction and immersion just don't quite "gel." That said, I'm glad I played it. No regrets.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
On release and it is still largely true now though they've done some quality of experience updates on some aspects like crafting, the RPG mechanics/skills/perks are trash, the clothing system trash, crafting system trash - the kind of things a lot of people play these kind of games for. All of which many games have done well over the years (at the time I played it through around 60% or so of bonuses, etc. were either completely non-functional, as in literally zero code for the feature, despite the in game descriptions or not working properly - but even if they'd been fully function the design and implementation is really poor).

It is a beautiful game in many respects visually and atmosphere wise and the gun play was a lot better than I expected - often these kind of games get the gun play very wrong while doing most other things right. Story wise was pretty decent though obviously they had to cobble together bits they'd fleshed out with lots of gaps and areas they never had time to do justice and there just aren't mechanics there to have agency in events, etc. as you'd play a game like this for - dialogue options, etc. have such limited influence on anything it is a joke.

I ended up playing it more or less as a straight up shooter and that worked, if you manage to dodge the main bugs you can get a fairly decent experience that way but especially the clothing system I felt very let down by.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Really hope they manage to give us what they promised in a sequel running on UE5. I think they should just release one expansion for this game and just move on to the sequel.

Associate
On release and it is still largely true now though they've done some quality of experience updates on some aspects like crafting, the RPG mechanics/skills/perks are trash, the clothing system trash, crafting system trash - the kind of things a lot of people play these kind of games for. All of which many games have done well over the years (at the time I played it through around 60% or so of bonuses, etc. were either completely non-functional, as in literally zero code for the feature, despite the in game descriptions or not working properly - but even if they'd been fully function the design and implementation is really poor).

It is a beautiful game in many respects visually and atmosphere wise and the gun play was a lot better than I expected - often these kind of games get the gun play very wrong while doing most other things right. Story wise was pretty decent though obviously they had to cobble together bits they'd fleshed out with lots of gaps and areas they never had time to do justice and there just aren't mechanics there to have agency in events, etc. as you'd play a game like this for - dialogue options, etc. have such limited influence on anything it is a joke.

I ended up playing it more or less as a straight up shooter and that worked, if you manage to dodge the main bugs you can get a fairly decent experience that way but especially the clothing system I felt very let down by.
it is a good experience not a bad game if you play on the PC the only two issues for me was having to play on the hardest difficulty setting to get a decent challenge and it has really no replay value.

Back
Top Bottom