1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Bot creation thread

Discussion in 'Printers' started by xxalxx, Jun 30, 2016.

1. deuse

Capodecina

Is there anyway to turn the Bluetooth on and change the baud rate via G-Code?
    Reason being I haven't got the Marlin Configuration.h file. And I don't want to start over again.

2. deuse

Capodecina

3. deuse

Capodecina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The BLTouch is up and running. The Keenovo is really good and Bluetooth is working :)
    No to tidy the wires up :)

4. Baron C

Wise Guy

Ahah so this is where you were all hiding and plotting the 3d world revolution

5. deuse

Capodecina

**** they found us all :D

Are you building a D-Bot?

6. Baron C

Wise Guy

This is my first foray into 3d printing after initial reading and manual vape mod making got me intrigued.

Ordered the A8 Anet (Prusa clone fire hazard rip off from china, safer once you convert it away from cheap electrics) to dabble, but I can see that I'm going to go full bore already and the D-bot seemed logical.

Once the A8 is up and running I'll slowly build up the D-Bot looks awesome.
    I have pretty much consumed this thread for tips etc...

7. deuse

Capodecina

Welcome to the world of 3D. You going to hate it :eek::D

8. Baron C

Wise Guy

Yup, but in order for hate gotta be some love too ❤️

9. graycbr

Associate

anyone still building these like would like info where to get the plastic parts & where to find build guides etc
    seen ooznest are doing kits but not full kits ?

10. bulb66

Wise Guy

Plastic parts from someone with a 3d printer, try 3D Hubs or a local makerspace? Build guide and all the links you'll need in the first post.

11. deuse

Capodecina

And make sure they print the parts with ABS and NOT pla.

12. graycbr

Associate

anyone on here selling the plastic parts ?

13. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Unlikely. Do what I did and get them printed at https://www.3dhubs.com/

Oh, and there are a lot of good upgrades/remixes on the thingiverse page. If you haven't already, I'd have a good look through there and put together something a fair bit better than the stock build.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  14. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Speaking of upgrades, I recently designed some brackets so I could use linear rails on all four corners of the Z axis.
    Using wheels with my big heavy bed was getting annoying, as it meant having to re-level a lot more often than I liked.
    This keeps it locked and works beautifully. Gonna do X and Y at some point.

[​IMG]

Also made an angled tablet bracket to make the web control a bit easier. Don't know why I didn't think of it ages ago tbh...
    Also makes it easier to watch Netflix when I'm babysitting prints :p

[​IMG]

And no, I STILL haven't bothered to sort out the lower cables and make it all clean and tidy :D I've got a sheet of black acrylic on the base (still got the film on it), but I just can't seem to get round to finishing it off :o

Anyway, figured that I never got around to actually posting pics of the thing, so here you are :)

15. deuse

Capodecina

That's awesome dude. How are you finding the linear rails?

16. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

They're great for this. Just need to make sure the frame is properly square. I didn't think mine was, and was prepared to go through the alignment hassle, but it turned out that I'd actually done it right during the original build. Thank you, Jesus!

It basically means that there's zero chance of the bed wobbling or tilting, which was an issue previously. Moving the lead screws to front/rear made a big difference ( I used the offset lead screw brackets from here), but the rails properly locked everything in place.

I will say that these are cheap Hiwin HGN12H knockoffs (about £17 for each rail/carriage lol) and don't effortlessly glide with the slightest provocation. They'd be questionable on X or Y, with possible backlash/stiction, but the weight of the build platform overcomes any of their issues in this application - that, and I stuffed them full of lithium grease![/URL]

17. graycbr

Associate

which power supply are you using guys 12v or 24v as doing homework & never thought of a heater plate ....

18. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

24v here, although it really depends on what controller you're going to use amongst other things.

Have you considered just getting something like a CR-10?