1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Bot creation thread

Discussion in 'Printers' started by xxalxx, Jun 30, 2016.

1. bulb66

Wise Guy

Very happy to say that filamentive have been kind enough to sponsor my D-Bot 3D printer build with a spool of PETg filament and they have also given me a code for you to get 15% off your order, use Jays3D15 at checkout. Thanks filamentive :).

2. deuse

Capodecina

Well done dude :)

3. bulb66

Wise Guy

Thanks, also happy to say that Ooznest have been kind enough to supply the frame as well :). I'm getting (purchasing) all the fixing from a local place so that should be good for getting extra's. Got to look at what I've got here now to see what I need to buy. I'll be posting a build log if anyone would like to sub to my YouTube channel ;-).

J.

4. deuse

Capodecina

You could get more people to your YouTube channel if the videos are for the complete build.

5. bulb66

Wise Guy

What do you mean? I will be making multiple videos of the build from looking at the printing/printed parts to the completed D-Bot.

6. bulb66

Wise Guy

First video of the new 3D printer build is up (Currently being edited too :p) Thanks to my sponsors Filamentive (Use code Jays3D15 for 15% off) & Ooznest who will be supplying the V-Slot rails.

7. bulb66

Wise Guy

So what's the options for beds? The link UP posted for an aluminium bed has an option for 6082T0 or ecocast what's the difference?

What do other have? Bed will be 300 x 300.

8. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Ecocast will be truer, as it's a cast plate and then milled flat. Perhaps not quite as flat as MIC6, but then it's a lot cheaper.

How about something like this?

9. deuse

Capodecina

Nice one dude :)

Well due to my disability getting worse I can no longer finish off the rewiring of my D-Bot.
    So it's going in the shed and will have to buy a pre-built one. Shame really :(

10. bulb66

Wise Guy

Think I'll go ahead with the cast aluminium but use a heat bed I currently have and when/if I want upgrade the heated bed I can.

Might be a delay to everything for a short while as my dog has become very ill and it's not looking good .

Back to it soon.

11. Matt_Hirst

Wise Guy

Do we have any updated lists to help buy the its needed to make one, fancy having a go myself.

Want a bigger bed than my CR10S for some upcoming projects, don't particularly need the height the CR10S offers.

Matt

12. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

All the essentials remain the same, so no real updates are required afaik.
    Best advice I can offer is to go through the remix listings on the D-Bot page to figure out exactly what you want to build and then buy accordingly.

@deuse @bulb66
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope things aren't as bad as they sound and the situation improves.

13. deuse

Capodecina

Thanks dude :)

I've got to sell this one before buying a new one...

14. bulb66

Wise Guy

15. bulb66

Wise Guy

Had a nice little delivery today..... Aluminium bed for the D-Bot 315x315x5mm of aluminium tooling plate goodness :).

[​IMG]

16. bulb66

Wise Guy

Part 2 of my D-bot build is on my YouTube channel.

I have a question for you all, if you were thinking about building a D-bot what would you want in a single video or series of videos? Would a video build manual be useful? Would videos for the RAMPS wiring and Marlin firmware be good?

Let me know your thoughts,

Thanks Jay.

17. bulb66

Wise Guy

Should have my black extrusions from Ooznest by the weekend .

Possibly got a Re-ARM board on the way too.

18. bulb66

Wise Guy

The aluminium extrusions have arrived from Ooznest :). Now the real fun can begin.

19. deuse

Capodecina

@bulb66 it's coming together :)

Does anyone know of a good touch screen for ramps?

I've bought a TFT32 and it works..well kind of. All the axes work bar the Z up.
    When using the TFT32 the motors won't get the table going up. But if I disconnect the TFT32 and use the PC all is ok?

Maybe the ramps can't power it.

20. bulb66

Wise Guy

ITS ALIVE!!!. My D-bot coreXY printer is finished and printing. Massive thank you to @filamentive and @ooznest for sponsoring the build. I'll be doing another 1 or 2 videos for the build series on my YouTube channel, then using it for cool new projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]