1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Bot creation thread

Discussion in 'Printers' started by xxalxx, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Good stuff, and well done :)

2. deuse

Capodecina

That's is really awesome dude :)
    Are you using Marlin? And what app is running on that tablet?

3. bulb66

Wise Guy

Yep it's currently using Marlin, I've got a possibly faulty RADDS board I'm going to test but I might be running 32bit firmware soon.

The printer is running Octoprint so the table, is showing the web interface, via the browser. I have the touchUI plugin installed on Octoprint to make it more useable.

J.

4. deuse

Capodecina

I've never tried Octoprint, is it easy to setup with the D-Bot? I see you have a BLtouch :) I could never get mine working :(

5. bulb66

Wise Guy

Yeah octoprint is just a host software so, set up is basically telling it the build volume, number of extruders, heated bed etc and that's it.

The 3D touch (BLTouch clone) was just a matter of configuring the firmware (defining a few things really) and it just worked. What was up with your's? You sold your D-Bot right?

J

6. deuse

Capodecina

My D-Bot is in the shed :)
    I think I had my BLtouch to high. I may get it out and try again and put it in a full case.
    I'm glad yours worked out great :)

7. bulb66

Wise Guy

Check out the final video in my D-bot coreXY 3d printer build, in this video I look at the firmware on my print and also take a look at the 3dtouch sensor.