1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Radio on PC?

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by noizeuk, Oct 24, 2018.

1. noizeuk

Gangster

Really odd question but is there any way to get DAB radio on the PC? I did a bit of googling but all I could find was Maplin links (RIP).

Thanks

2. Rozzy85

Wise Guy

Yes, there is the Radioscape ZE5101 (one on eBay right now) which is a PCI based DAB card. It's rather old though with little info available so possibly only works on an OS like Win XP, I can't even find a link for the drivers.

If you just want to listen to radio on a PC then alternatively you could get any DVB-S or DVB-T card and access the radio broadcasts over Satellite or Terrestrial. They aren't the same exact data streams that are sent over DAB and I don't know if all stations are available on each platform but you'll have the benefit of the higher bitrate. You'll obviously still need an aerial or satellite link.

3. Tinders

Mobster

Would Tunein be an option, most radio stations are on there from what i can see.

4. Marsman

Capodecina

As above; I would have thought all and more stations can be found on TuneIn or Radio player, etc.

Unless there are specific stations that can only be accessed by using a DAB radio?

5. DeeJay-Mo

Hitman

you can get cheapo USB DAB adapters designed to work with android devices. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find an appropriate driver / client application for your operating system of choice.

6. Doug2507

Hitman

I thought all digital radio was available through the web anyway??

7. Marsman

Capodecina

Yeah. Really can't the see the point of DAB on PC, unless of course it's for use in areas where the internet connection is iffy.

8. Monkeynut

Soldato

Perhaps it's easier to record as it's MP2 and unencrypted.