Damn, And you thought our New Builds were bad

Soldato
Just look at this!:eek:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-like-storybook-castles-left-rot-Turkey.html

As an individual house, bit tacky, but not awful.

Even half a dozen or scattered around a landscaped park.

But all just plonked down right next to one another and all exactly the same!

What were they thinking? Who in their right mind would want to live in an estate like that!

As one of the commentators said. Every nights adventure would start with the walk home from the Pub! :p

And it isn't as if Turkey is short of space anyway. Its not SE England. Why ram them in like that in the first place?

:confused:

Caporegime
As much as people get wound up by our planning laws etc.. over here, they do at least help to prevent a complete train wreck like that happening even if the developer didn't go bust!

Could probs fit some curved corner sofas in those turrets though.

Man of Honour
As an individual house, bit tacky, but not awful.

Even half a dozen or scattered around a landscaped park.

But all just plonked down right next to one another and all exactly the same!

Yeah they'd have looked nice if they'd spread the building out a little and given them more room - and I'd have thought if they'd built less they could have found buyers at a higher price anyhow that sort of thing even in that part of the world tends to appeal to people looking for a little bit of exclusivity.

Soldato
I agree it's awful. But apparently they did manage to flog half of them already to Arab customers in the ME so apparently they know their market better than we do. :/

At least until that market defaulted on the payments.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a 4 year olds attempt at a city building game.

Like back in the day of DIY Doom_Wads

Some (Many even) were absolutely brilliant. often far better than the original games

(Anybody remember Aliens_TC? has got to be one of the best games experiences I have ever had, seriously scary!:eek: As the author said in his preamble, The best time you play it will be the first time (Especially L1) so you need to set yourself up to just play through from the start)

But there were some truly dreadful ones too.

This development is like one of those!

:p

Caporegime
It surprises me the developers built so many without finishing them and selling them. A project like that should ahve been done in stages, fist build 100 of the ugly things and as they sale teh revenue can pay for the rest and you can better predict market and demands.

Also, everyone is identical. At the least they could have had 5 or 6 slightly different designs with different sizes they could rpice differently and make it look marginally less of an eye sore.

Back
Top Bottom