Damn you leakage!

Caporegime
I noticed originally that upon acceleration my cars performance was down, very low MPG and it was hissing, which didn't seem right! So I took the engine cover off, and noticed a large hole on the rubber tubbing going from the EGR. Had the EGR and cooler deleted and replaced the top rubber pipe. Thinking this was fixed, it did make an improvement, I also noticed another leak going into the intercooler :(. Took the car into my mates garage with a pit, got the pipe going into intercooler replaced including the seals and thought yep that's me done.

No :(

Things are much worse than I thought, not only is the Radiator really bad it's sagging down and broken, but the intercooler has a bad leak towards the turbo side and has been pushing out oil for some time.

Undertray caked in oil
undertra.jpg

Oil under the intercooler
3.jpg

2.jpg

Oil covering the corner of the intercooler
4.jpg

Turbo looks to be in good condition, and I regularly change the oil as well. So hopefully when I get the intercooler and radiator replaced my performance should go up including the MPG! I have a BMW diesel turbo 2004/140k remapped to around 210bhp, 360+lbft torque, which at times it doesn't feel like this!

Damn you leakage ££££££££££

Caporegime
OP
It is on my Navara - was hoping it was just a leak on the EGR cooler pipe but seems to be a bigger problem :s

I had...

1) A leak from the first rubber intercooler hose that goes from the EGR ( Major leak underneath ) [ FIXED ]
2) Another leak around the connection/seals of the rubber hose that goes from the same side as the EGR and into Intercooler [ FIXED ]
3) What looks to be a nasty air/boost leak from the turbo side of the Intercooler [ Not Fixed ]

Man of Honour
Turns out very similar problem on mine - intercooler leaked half a litre of oil turbo side, boost leak and probably unrelated but a cowboy job on the EGR when replaced under warranty (different dealer) using grease instead of a gasket on one of the pipes.....

To their credit the dealer has sourced a "non-genuine" compatible part and will fit it for only about £100 more it would cost at an indy - over £1000 cheaper than what they were quoting for a genuine part + labour.

Back
Top Bottom