Soldato
Another year another build, maybe a little simpler this time round as i'm feeling a little lazy but fancy a change.

So my previous build will be downsized from a Phanteks Evolv Shift X to a Dan A4 H20 Silver, from a extremely tall itx system a 11 litre small compact build keeping with the custom watercooling. However all the watercooling heat exchange will kept outside of the case so i will be utilising my heatkiller MoRa 360 Radiator setup with the pump and res mounted to it.

This means the case will only consist of the core components:

9900k clocked to all core 5.1ghz with XSPC Raystorm Neo block
Palit 3090 with Heatkiller V block
Corsair SF750 Platinum 750w psu - I will possibly look at shorter cables in the future for a much cleaner build
Gigabyte Aorus Wifi pro itx board
Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x16gb 3200mhz ram
2x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax airflow fans (intake or exhaust, not sure yet)

Storage:
2x 2.5" 2TB SSD drives
2x NVME 1tb drives

External cooling:
Hardline tubing (Corsair Hydro XT black)
Heatkiller MoRa 360 Radiator
Phanteks T30 120x30mm fans x 9
Heatkiller D5 pump res combo
Noctua NA-FC1 fan controller

Aside from the gpu and psu that will be creating abit of heat (mostly gpu from the backplate as the rear memory chips get hot!) there isn't much else so the case internal itself should stay relatively cool. This begs the question whether i should have the top 2 fans as intake or exhaust. I'm leaning more intake so i can further cool the gpu backplate but this will introduce a problem of dust being blown straight into the case and i don't plan on using a filter at the moment to not impede airflow.

Pictures to follow once i get everything together

Soldato
OP
Full disassembled my Cyberpunk 2077 build. Was a shame to see it go but i really needed abit more space on my desk and its nice to have a pc that you can easily move around and maintain.

i4E39VC.jpg

Everything cleaned and washed through and remounted. A fair bit of gunk in the gpu block surprisingly, i don't even know what it is if im honest but it was stuck in the fins in the block, might be the cause of my slightly elevated gpu temps. With the mobo out i was finally able to mount my second nvme drive instead of using a nvme enclosure and attaching via usb c saving me abit of room here.

iVIAjFf.jpg
SCDaLrb.jpg

This huge pile of fittings soaked in Deionised water for a bit then rinsed and soaked again. They were a little gunked up from the fluid but the soaking helped break it down, then wiped down with a clean microfibre.

5IIFSUa.jpg

The MoRa 360 radiator also drained, pump swapped out for a cleaner one with braided cables. The rad coolant was surprisingly clean, no bits or gunk in it. Should be safe to reuse i think.

y2DjrCu.jpg

The new Case! Jar of mustard for size comparison.

MdX9GZU.jpg

Mobo install, just shows how small this case really is!

asMwPJ9.jpg

GPU test fit and tubing run planning

5EJFumL.jpg

First tube run, a simple but clean 90.

GVGKLkW.jpg

All plumbed up and last minute checks on the lines and fittings for tightness. I haven't used a leak tester, some people swear by them and it does help but in this instance i just didn't have one on hand.

JEVDOCs.jpg

C4EGtp9.jpg

Filling this baby up, slow mo style!

Final build pics and changed my config on my stats panel to suit.

rbPOcbD.jpg

OpsQ9r5.jpg

Possibly a few more mods to come, i forgot to install a flow meter. Will incorporate this at a later date.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
When your radiator is larger than your case. Looking real clean. I need to shrink my build down to something like this. Always learning something new :)
Was thinking today how i could make this really portable with quick disconnects and a single 240mm radiator so i could still use it if i took it out anywhere. All i have to do really is install a 240mm radiator, rearrange my pipework somewhat to suit the radiator and fan installation and then make the QD's and tubing at the rear abit longer so i can connect the 2 QD's together to form a self contained loop.

Soldato
OP
Also, messed around with undervolting last night and i got a nice stable 906mv for 1920mhz, i was able to drop it some more to do 896mv but i don't think it will be stable in the long run.

With this in mind, i was able to stabilise around 318w at full load while running Heaven Benchmark on a loop for 30 mins with max temps on the core around 43c and hotspot, jct temp around 55c

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Upgrade coming!

Decided in the end to go for Alder Lake with DDR5 5600mhz C36 Corsair Vengeance Ram with a 12700k chip and a Asrock Z690 ITX TB4 motherboard.

Also needed a PCIE gen 4 riser to make use of the gen 4 3090 i already have plus a LGA 1700 bracket for XSPC Waterblock.

TQSZXa5.jpg

pCdpVSI.jpg

SnCYq8x.jpg

YJIDbFv.jpg

zlVH03B.jpg

Associate
how does the riser look is it angled in the same way I have a lian-li 4.0 riser but it keeps dropping down to x8 on one boot and then back to x16 so thinking of getting a replacement but want to find one with same orientation.

Soldato
OP
how does the riser look is it angled in the same way I have a lian-li 4.0 riser but it keeps dropping down to x8 on one boot and then back to x16 so thinking of getting a replacement but want to find one with same orientation.
I took advice from a reviewer who linked to me the correct one that works and is the correct length. I've not installed it yet but gonna do it all tonight so will keep you informed.

I can't link you due to forum rules but if you search this:

LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable [RTX3090 RX6900XT x570 B550 Z690 Tested] Shielded Extreme High-Speed Vertical Mount Gaming PCI Express Gen4┃Dual Reverse Connectors {20cm} Designed for ITX​

Back
Top Bottom