Daredevil - Born Again (Marvel TV) Disney+

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Soldato
The need to keep everything from the Netflix show, cast, crew, writers and opening credits. Here's hoping they dont Disney it and start forcing in **** humour etc.

Soldato
The need to keep everything from the Netflix show, cast, crew, writers and opening credits. Here's hoping they dont Disney it and start forcing in **** humour etc.
Absolutely, it ain't broke, don't fix it, although the writing could be tightened up a lot. Season 1 was fantastic but I never ended up watching S3 as the 2nd season was poor outside of The Punisher segments and lost interest.

Soldato
That's strong praise and based on a lot of what you post, i'm going to take you at your word and go back to it - quite often find myself in silent agreement with your content.
It's true, s3 got back to where it should have been but it was then unfortunately cancelled.

Soldato
Any direct tie in with Defenders - as in can I watch S3 without having seen it? Don't mind Jessica Jones but Cage and Fist were terrible.
If I remember rightly, he’s a bit traumatised. But it doesn’t drag and there’s some great scenes. I didn’t like season 2 much either, but 3 was ace :)

Soldato
I just got done watching the 3 seasons over again. Fortunately id forgotten most of it, enjoyed it immensely for a 2nd time over. Some of the fight scenes were absolutely incredible, particularly in season two with the biker gang in that stair well.

While it's fair to be critical of the padding, i have zero faith in Disney matching up to either the general tone of the original, or the gruesome action.

Soldato
Charlie Cox has confirmed it's a reboot and not a continuation of the Netflix version - think that's a bit of a shame personally. He'll probably get a power boost, which again is a shame as I always liked the grounded feel of the Netflix version.

daredevil_reboot-jpg.432882

Soldato
Darn, the original was fantastic. Rebooting it with the same actor is a mistake, though I suppose with the multiverse in the MCU it allows them to use the same people but reboot things.

Caporegime
Hopefully it allows them to skip the origin story, bar a quick flashback or 2 if absolutely necessary. We've already seen him in No Way home and he is soon to appear in She Hulk.

The Netflix shows were cool, if a bit serious and I sometimes felt the Uber violence and gore was just to be "edgy" and different.

The main appeal, whether you love or hate the MCU shows/movies is the interconnectedness. The Netflix shows were only really connected to each other, and that led to the quite awful Defenders. If the new incranation can appear in the main MCU movies, that's an improvement in my eyes.

rp2000

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Darn, the original was fantastic. Rebooting it with the same actor is a mistake, though I suppose with the multiverse in the MCU it allows them to use the same people but reboot things.
Likely the reason why it's a reboot is they don't want the Netflix show to be affiliated with the MCU. If they class the Netflix version as a an alternative universe they will perhaps have to negotiate and pay Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom