Dark Base 900 Radiator Setup (drive bay question)

Associate
Hi guys, considering a water cooled DB900 (first time water cooler here)

If I put a tripple 140 Rad in the top will the drive bay area be rendered useless? I wish to put a fan controller there and dont want to lose the monting capability. It looks like the dual bay will have to go and that will stop me putting the fan controller in without modding.

Associate
Depends on the rad. What rad are you going to use? If you use the hardware labs rads you will lose the drive bays. If the rad fits in between the cage you could use the lower slot for a fan controller.

Associate
OP
Depends on the rad. What rad are you going to use? If you use the hardware labs rads you will lose the drive bays. If the rad fits in between the cage you could use the lower slot for a fan controller.

Cheers, I was going for the EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple) on top and the EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual) Radiator at the front.

To be honest I am thinking there may be better cases for 2 radiators but I like the look of this one.

If the EK 420 will cause me to lose the drive bays I could either go to a 120 Tripple or a 140 Dual. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Associate
OP
The EK should fit in the top but it will be tight.

Have you seen my build in my sig?

I didnt realise how similar my planned build was going to be, that build of yours looks superb mate, great job.

Looking at your maybe I dont need the drive bay, I could use a board controller. Can you give advice on setting up a fan control for my build? I was going to go for 3 PWM fans in pull on the top Rad and 2 PWM in push on the front with the slim line radiator allowing me to still have some drive bays in place hopefully but having seen the HDD mounted on a OSU shroud elsewhere I was maybe going to go with that Idea. I wish you could hide some Mechanical drives somewhere in the bottom.

Thanks for your input...

Associate
I didnt realise how similar my planned build was going to be, that build of yours looks superb mate, great job.

Looking at your maybe I dont need the drive bay, I could use a board controller. Can you give advice on setting up a fan control for my build? I was going to go for 3 PWM fans in pull on the top Rad and 2 PWM in push on the front with the slim line radiator allowing me to still have some drive bays in place hopefully but having seen the HDD mounted on a OSU shroud elsewhere I was maybe going to go with that Idea. I wish you could hide some Mechanical drives somewhere in the bottom.

Thanks for your input...

Cheers bud :)

I would defo get a Aquaero 6 for your fan control/monitoring.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-aquaero-6-xt-usb-fan-controller-bb-002-aq.html

The fan setup for the rads is the same for me but I have an additional case fan in the front top for case airflow. I run a 280mm rad up front.

Associate
OP
Cheers bud :)

I would defo get a Aquaero 6 for your fan control/monitoring.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-aquaero-6-xt-usb-fan-controller-bb-002-aq.html

The fan setup for the rads is the same for me but I have an additional case fan in the front top for case airflow. I run a 280mm rad up front.

is there any way to mount the Aquaero while still using a triple 140mm rad up top? The rad looks like it wont interfere with the unit but I would have trouble mounting it, I'd rather have a triple 140 but I suppose 2x 280s one slimline will be more than enough for me.

I assume I can use the Aquaaero with one of the fluid temperature probes and use it to run my pump? Does it start the pump up straight away from boot?

Cheers

Soldato
no chance of using the top bays with a triple rad in this case. I have this case and check my photos out. (2 x 360mm rads)

2017-01-31%2011.16.35-1.jpg

Associate
My aquaero is mounted behind the psu with no screen on display. I use the software for monitoring and setup etc.

It can also control your pumps and fans etc. Yes they will run from boot etc.

I'd say the 420 ek rad will fit as it will go in between the drive tray. You will only be able to use the lower slot though.

Back
Top Bottom