US: Dark Matter - may contain spoilers

Soldato
yeah episode 1 didn't seem too bad.... it does have one issue in that it's on syfy which means it's likley only going to last one season lol

And personally I prefer Jodelle Ferland :p

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I was not impressed, I will give it two more episodes but it is very unlikley to get passed its first season.

Soldato
Straight in there with all the negativity. Who says OcUK isn't predictable?

Personally I think it has promise.
well in my case it isn't negativity against the show, already said I didn't think it was too bad, it's the fact it' on syfy which is a negative, you can't say they have a good record of taking new shows past season 1 of late :(

Caporegime
Straight in there with all the negativity. Who says OcUK isn't predictable?

Personally I think it has promise.

To be fair the first episode not a lot really happened seemed a bit dull and boring.

New sci-fi series need to come out guns blazing not starting slow, The future of the show will likely be decided before the halfway point of series 1 if they don't manage to grab viewers fast it will just get stuck in the bin.

I swear Roger Cross is in everything (at least, everything Canadian) these days.
someone once told me there is a reason you see the same actors in all the Canadian shows.

I can't remember what it was though.

you can go back 10-15 years watch someone like the outer limits.
@2mins
omg look its roger cross and a bunch of canadian actors you've probably seen in stuff like stargate :D
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_R._Cross
4TdskqV.png

I googled and found the reason
You see, in Canada, the government offers significant tax breaks and direct subsidies to Canadian-made TV shows, in exchange enforcing a "Canadian actors only" policy for the majority of roles. But there are only so many actors in Canada, especially young actors. The country already has a relatively small population to begin with (about 35 million, roughly a ninth of the US population), and when you narrow the actors down to a specific age group (between 15 and 30, like most of the ones below), and then combine that with the fact that Canada has become a very popular shooting location for American producers on a tight budget, you're only left with a tiny handful of actors. Additionally, most of these actors often stay in Canada for the rest of their careers (though not always by choice). That said, some have managed to break out it; notably, Ellen Page and Aubrey Graham.

Read more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OnlySoManyCanadianActors#ixzz3d3VWryf7

I was watching the 4400 series on netflix the other day and who did I come across, roger cross !

Iff your a stargate fan you probably noticed loads of actors from it in virtually every canadian series

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
New sci-fi series need to come out guns blazing not starting slow, The future of the show will likely be decided before the halfway point of series 1 if they don't manage to grab viewers fast it will just get stuck in the bin.

Pretty much this actually would say it should count for most new tv shows also, too many new shows are desperately attempting to secure a bigger premise or purpose towards the season finale and they forget to add the sparkle in-between.

I also prefer a 10 or 15 episode run over a 22 season run which is forced to use episode fillers or draw out a story.

Will give dark matter a try, scifi is rare lately but lets not forget syfs awesome defiance:)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Pilot was good, I did not find it boring or slow good mix of characters and I liked that female data version, its rare we see androids in scifi going all out but this one owned every one off the bat !

very little cgi but to be expected am unsure where they go from here which is what will keep me coming back for more, the potential is there.

Soldato
I'll give it a more of a chance, but compared to SG Universe, it seemed pretty dumbed down with much cheaper effects, though the sets were good.
I really did not like them using the android security woman to simply explain/fix/run everything.
I just thought that mechanism was cheap and lazy, and made me think I was watching an episode of Andromeda rather than the quite brilliant SG:U.

I also didn't find myself grabbed by any of the characters or terribly engaged by the story/mystery, despite the twist at the end.

Last edited:
Caporegime
reminded me of stargate universe which was quite cool if you guys havnt seen it

Dark Matter is a Canadian science fiction series created by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and is based on the comic book of the same name

Joseph Mallozzi ... executive producer (2 episodes, 2015)
Paul Mullie ... executive producer (2 episodes, 2015)

probably 2 good episodes :p

if anything episode one should have been a pilot not the first actual episode since nothing really happened.

should have shown pilot+ep1 back to back with ep1 having some action or something to grip the viewers

Last edited:
Associate
Huge disappointment. There's so little Sci-Fi being made, to see rubbish like this take a spot is just a total waste.

This was as unoriginal as it gets and just poorly done, from the writing to the dialogue. And the delivery of the android was particularly irritating.

Back
Top Bottom