das boot

Soldato
If you're interested in the the UBoat War, a good book is Enigma: The Battle for the Code (Hugh Sebag-Montifiore) and the (2001) movie Engima. Which is more a fictional spy drama but still a good story IMO.

Soldato
I've got the uncut version on DVD (4 hours 42 minutes) but I haven't got round to watching it yet.
Isn't it actually much, much longer than this? It was on TV sometime in the mid 90s and I skipped my rubbish Judo classes to stay home at watch this. :D It was 1 hour a week for more than a month.

Don't make the mistake of buying the dubbed version either. its terrible. you have to get the full thing and make sure its in German with subtitles.

Classic tv.
You know the truth! I did German A-Level so I have it in German language with English subtitles so I can try and "learn" what they are saying and occasionally recognise some words. :p

Man of Honour
Isn't it actually much, much longer than this? It was on TV sometime in the mid 90s and I skipped my rubbish Judo classes to stay home at watch this. :D It was 1 hour a week for more than a month.

It was on sometime between 1988 and 1991 first time around (because I remember where I was living when I watched it). It was (AFAIK) six fifty-minute episodes. It probably seemed longer because of how (intentionally) slow the first two episodes were.

M

Soldato
It was on sometime between 1988 and 1991 first time around (because I remember where I was living when I watched it). It was (AFAIK) six fifty-minute episodes. It probably seemed longer because of how (intentionally) slow the first two episodes were.

M
It must have been on again. I was in Year 6 or 7 when I was doing judo on a Wednesday evening which means I must have seen it in 1995/1996 or maybe 1997.

Back
Top Bottom