Dashboard fault Peugeot 206

Associate
Whilst driving along earlier, lost speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge & temperature gauge. All lights on dashboard lit up and fuel light & stop light started flashing. Stereo turned itself off then came back on intermittently. Pulled over and turned off engine but lights stayed on on dashboard and carried on flashing for about 30 seconds - even locking & unlocking the car again didn't stop it. Called RAC out who checked all the earths and said it looks like a body control module fault. Any thoughts please?! Car is a 2002 (02) 1.6 Pug 206. Thanks in advance.

Associate
Sure all the earths are checked?

The strap to the gearbox is prone to failing.

Sign up to 206info.com, they'll help you out (I'm on there known just as Ash but don't use it much now)

Associate
OP
No need to worry, perfectly normal for a Peugeot 206.

Thought someone would comment on the shoddy electrics.

All sorted now, found a guide to resetting the control module, did work at first the popped out to tesco and after about 2 miles it was fine, only problem the passenger airbag disabled warning came up even though it was enabled, just turned it off and on again and its all sorted. How long for I don't know as something must have caused the problem in the first place. I'm hoping it was just wet electrics but time will tell.

Associate
Hi I know this is an old thread, but did you solve this issue. I'm having exactly the same problems and can't find an answer anywhere.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can take a couple of attempts, especially if somebody else nearby uses their remote central locking. After I had done it I spoke to one of the guys in Wokingham Motors and he confirmed it is a common problem

Back
Top Bottom