1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashcam? Reasonably priced

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Richeh, 4 Aug 2021.

1. Richeh

Mobster

Hello all,
    I'm after a dashcam/s for my mum. Basically we live in an area that during summer becomes incredibly packed with cars and my mum has already had several incidents with visitors to the area that makes me want to get her car fitted with a dashcam.

I don't want to spend a lot of money and looking on Amazon £45ish seems reasonable to get a front and rear cam but if these are terrible (despite Amazon reviews which are mostly 4/5 star) then I would like to know.

Basically a camera that automatically turns on when the car is started (Jaguar E-Pace), easy enough to hide cables (not going to get a professional install, will just be me hooking it up) and basically as little input from the driver (my mum) for it to work as intended. If an SD card is included that is preferable. My mum basically thinks it would be a great idea but for as little money as possible -.-

Any help/recommendations/what to avoid is/are welcome.

Thank you.

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

There is a whole thread on this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/dashcams.18676481/ but in my experience a lot of the generic name ones are junk. Denicer was the cheapest I found which had the minimum of acceptable quality but they seem to have disappeared and quite a few of the models had a problem with using anything newer than SDHC 32GB SD cards.

3. whitecrook

Sgarrista

check out 'techmoan' he does good reviews and recommendations

4. dLockers

Sgarrista

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Best case - try and get a Thinkware F770 off of eBay.

5. Finglonga

Wise Guy

Halfords always have a good range of dashcams. As said don't go too cheap as most will not last, £100 will get you a decent one.