1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashcams!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by lamboman, 15 Jun 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mariusz

Wise Guy

@AndyCr15 B1W looks great, nice picture quality and the form factor is good.

2. AndyCr15

Capodecina

3. Housey

Man of Honour

Looks like a Dashcam is this years father in law present. So below 100 quid, what is the best device to go for?

4. acemastr

Mobster

I picked up an Anker ROAV CP1 Pro for $79, big screen, 1440p, works great so far. Wireless, parking monitor (godsend).

5. IC3

Sgarrista

What sort of price would I be looking at whilst buying a dashcam? Looking for something that'll work in the dark too, would £50 be sufficient?

6. Zaphan58

Wise Guy

I've never had a dashcam before but got the Yi dashcam from Santa. I've got it plugged in to the cigarette lighter but as the Focus cigarette lighter is permanent powered it doesn't look like the dashcam ever shuts off. I presume this will drain my battery over time?

7. grudas

Capodecina

yup, I'd hard wire it to a fuse that goes on ignition.

8. bremen1874

Capodecina

Are you sure it never shuts off?

In my Mondeo it stays on for about 20 minutes after the car is locked and then stays off until the car is unlocked again.

It's also possible that it has a fuse that can be moved to change it from always on to only on with the ignition.

9. Zaphan58

Wise Guy

I'm pretty sure it does but I'll double check. I've left my Bluetooth dongle plugged in overnight before and from what I remember it was still flashing when I peeked through the window in the morning.

10. DampCat

Capodecina

I just picked up a nextbase 412gw for my mum,and it doesn't seem to turn off. It just turns back on after powering down. Is that normal?

11. RoboCod

Capodecina

The F770 has been great except one minor detail:

"MOBILE SPEED CAMERA ZONE" X1000 for many, many miles. :mad:
     argh!

It would be nice if I could differentiate in the options between alerts for stationary cameras and alerts mobile speed camera zones. Alas, it's all or nothing.

12. Malt_Vinegar

Don

I got my Mrs a £15 camera from a chinese retailer. Wanted one without a screen, like my blackvue, and found this 168cardvr model which has an app and wifi. Just replaced it in her car tonight, and it seems great!
    Did not really care for the wifi option, but it seemed to work well, and is quite neat to be able to adjust the angle live, but without the added expense of a pointless screen on it.
    Much neater than her current chinese screen equipped one she has been using for the last year or so. Good to get it properly hidden behind the rear view, and get rid of the terrible sucker mount.

13. IC3

Sgarrista

Could you upload some footage please, it looks neat and the price seem right. :)

BTW Where did you get it from?

14. Finglonga

Wise Guy

It doesn't if you are below the speed limit. Only warns you when above.

15. RoboCod

Capodecina

Negative. It does it regardless.

16. Finglonga

Wise Guy

Mine doesn't, it stated it once at the beginning of the section of road and if you are below the limit it will not repeat it until you go over the limit. I have the latest firmware, is yours up to date?

17. RoboCod

Capodecina

Yeah, I updated it recently :(

18. IC3

Sgarrista

Does anyone on here have a Xiaomi 70MAI? I'm looking at a discreet dash cam upto £40-50, I don't need a display, dual cams, GPS and all the other bs. Just good day and night time footage. Most of the dash cams are bulky and easily visible...

19. Jono

Man of Honour

What downsides?

20. Diagro

Sgarrista

Doesn't always record when it's supposed too