David Cameron will not be investigated over off-shore trust

Soldato
It's getting old how people don't understand the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. The outrage in the media is pathetic, like a poster above said, aside from a 'moral' obligation most of us if given the option would happily take as many steps to legally reduce our tax bill.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm not sure what he would have been investigated for re. his tax affairs.

I'm more concerned that he took five days and four attempts to answer a simple question over his tax affairs. It seemed like he was deliberately trying to conceal information or outright lie to maintain his position. He got caught with his pants down and rather than being honest about it, he tried to weasel his way out of telling the truth. That's a story worthy of investigation imho.

He's going to be Dodgy Dave forever for a lot of people now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
All this serves to highlight is the stupidity of our tax laws that nobody fully understands and are full of more holes than a giant sized colander! The only way this situation will ever be fixed is if someone is brave enough to rip up all the tax laws and start from scratch which will never happen as everyone is far to chicken/greedy for that to happen so instead we will keep layering more and more complexity into an already broken system which will mean more and more loopholes!

Soldato
It's not his problem the uneducated and benefit riddled families can't comprehend that the tax system works the way it does.

Stupid idiots claiming he's being unfair etc. Anyone with money knows it's how you keep your money.

The 'poor' in this country are so gullible and deluded by the trash tabloids it's almost painful to watch.

Associate
Disgusting tax avoidance behaviour! I heard he's also saved money in an ISA!! AND put money in to a pension!! The cheek of it.

Joking aside surely anything that should be investigated is the offshore company, not David Cameron's investment in said company, as his sale of shares were all declared as UK income and tax paid. Surely him personally being investigated would be the same as investigating all shareholders of Apple because Apple uses aggressive tax avoidance?

Caporegime
So reform the tax system to make it easier to pay and easier to stop avoiding paying what is due.
If you don't have to pay change the freaking rules so you don't have to pay.... cut out all the bs that only the wealthy can easily avoid through scammin loopholes.
Way over due for an overhaul.

Soldato
It's not his problem the uneducated and benefit riddled families can't comprehend that the tax system works the way it does.

Stupid idiots claiming he's being unfair etc. Anyone with money knows it's how you keep your money.

The 'poor' in this country are so gullible and deluded by the trash tabloids it's almost painful to watch.

What a load of ****. Tory voter obviously.

Soldato
I gave all my salary to charity last month, just so no tax was paid to the government. Using tax relief!

Does this mean I need to be investigated? NO!

P.S. I'm not a fan of Cameron at all, I think he is a muppet to be honest.

Permabanned
We're hardly talking about billions here, I'm getting fed up of all the fake outrage as something that is so tiny it pales into complete insignificance.

I try to avoid paying as much tax as I can, everyone should. There's nothing noble about being so crap with money you end up paying more tax than you really should.

I was genuinely surprised by how small the sums were, in the grand scale of things. I was expecting the amounts to be vastly larger.

Soldato
What a load of ****. Tory voter obviously.

I don't vote, don't trust anyone enough to put my faith in them.

I just can't stand people bitching about someone following the law (actually, not a fair statement), maybe someone protecting their money from what they know is a greedy and **** system. If the loopholes there, exploit it. Why you wouldn't is beyond me. And people complaining are just people sat at home on benefits crying because they can't get off their arses to make more money. Same goes for workers complaining. They are too lazy to make enough money to exploit these loop holes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom