Dawn of War 3?

Soldato
I had some good multiplayer matches last night. Lost most, but I was getting better and on my last one I won against an eldar army with a beast of a counter attack after they pushed right into my base and wrecked most of my buildings.

Enjoying using the terminator elite (the ones with the rockets) in conjunction with Gabriel and solaria. Didn't actually get solaria out in that last match, but found Gabriel, terminators and a few drop pods of upgraded assault marines did a good job of handling most of what they threw at me. Throw in some dreadnought action to handle some armour and it was in the bag.

Soldato
Do you find Solaris a bit buggy? I notice when anything gets close to her she stops using her flamers and just stands there.
I've not found that yet, but I did notice that her cone fire ability seemed to ignore some of my troops when it was used against me (the ones that were right at the centre of the cone).

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've not found that yet, but I did notice that her cone fire ability seemed to ignore some of my troops when it was used against me (the ones that were right at the centre of the cone).
Yeah I've noticed that too when using her. There's sort of a triangle starting at he feet that gets ignored. What I've also noticed if playing against the ai is that they have a habit of moving units out of the way just as I use an elite ability.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Have had an epic nearly 2 hour game earlier, absolutely wrecking lategame as eldar, literally rolling over people 3 v 1. The ranged damage Wraithknight is absolutely savage if you play him carefully.

Caporegime
I'm enjoying Dawn of War 3. I think it has faults, and I have problems with some of the units not available, however it is good fun.

Would like to see more game modes for multiplayer though.

Caporegime
Find the lack of transport units odd. The lack of things like weapon upgrades annoying. Why can't I give my dreadnought a ranged weapon? Or my tactical marines a rocket launcher? Why aren't there any healer units? I miss my apothecary dammit! No land raider is also sucky.
Orks are a bit hodge podge too.

Associate
For those who have the game (and played originals) - would it be accurate to say that this game is a cross between DoW 1 and DoW 2 in terms of gameplay?

Soldato
For those who have the game (and played originals) - would it be accurate to say that this game is a cross between DoW 1 and DoW 2 in terms of gameplay?
I actually think it is, in the sense that you have heroes and base building and big armies. What's missing is a cover system (mostly, unless you could the shielded areas and stealth areas), and the maps are a bit too split into lanes for me. I think a few new maps that were a bit more dynamic would make it perfect.

Soldato
So I've tried to get into this twice and am struggling. A lack of upgrades for units - I.e weapons and veterancy) is a big loss to me. Similarly I hate the animations and the cartoon effect of it all. Such a shame. They should have taken the weapon drops and rewards from the other games, kept it less cartoonish and been a bit more serious with it all - it just all feels a bit childish

Soldato
I refunded mine, It just felt like a big disappointment.

Loved the previous games but the new gameplay and visual direction didn't gel for me.

I might revisit this when it comes down to £10-15.

Back
Top Bottom