Day of Infamy

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I bought this at the weekend. If you liked Insurgency then you'll like this. Can be a little frustrating at times when people just go off doing their own thing, as opposed to actually capturing flags etc.

Worth a punt at £14 imo. If you don't like it, just do a refund through Steam.

Underboss
Cracking game! Well worth the £12 you pay if you already own Insurgency on Steam.

The MG42 with real sounds is a scary thing of beauty.

Soldato
i managed to get in a game with Sidestrafe last night :)

Its going to take some getting used to how they have changed the classic maps, but i really enjoyed it.

Soldato
Cracking game! Well worth the £12 you pay if you already own Insurgency on Steam.

The MG42 with real sounds is a scary thing of beauty.

already own insurgency but DOI is still coming up at 14 odd quid, not that a couple of quid matters but am I supposed to do something to get the reduced price?

eidt: ignore - I had the insurgency beta installed, when I switched back to the standard version the 12 quid price shows up

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I see, sorry it wasn't clear from your last post. :o

I haven't tried this game myself, how does it differ from insurgency?

It was clear?

It's essentially Insurgency but set in World War 2, so you have Sicily, Dog Red (Omaha), Bastogne maps etc.

I like it personally, it's not your typical pick up and point FPS. It's quite tactical in all honesty. Voice comms is a must!

I think it's on sale for around £14 on Steam. I'd say buy it and give it a go. If for whatever you don't like it, just request a refund through Steam (just don't play for more than 2 hours)

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount.

Underboss
I've never heard a real MG42 so maybe they do sound more punchy in real life, either way I think it sounds ace.

Wouldn't want one fired in my direction.

Underboss
I'd totally forgotten about this, got 6 hours on it when it was early access.

Downloaded it, time to get my MG42 back on Dog Red!

Soldato
This game is stonkingly good. The atmosphere when you get a full squad and air support...damn is it intense.

There's a Vietnam mod that whilst needing work, has a lovely feel to it, rather like Battlefield Vietnam (the original).

Back
Top Bottom