Day Shift | Netflix

Caporegime
Generic garbage out of 10, boring action sequences, ridiculous plot that makes no sense.

more plot armour than john snow.

netflix is worse than made for TV movies now, just absolute crap and as I said any film with snoop is usually absolute crap, amazing he managed to stay relevant when he only ever made 1 good album

Soldato
I enjoyed it. It was predictable, cheesy and pretty weak storyline and dialogue, but the action was awesome and fun and Jamie Foxx and Dave Franco were Jamie Fox and Dave Franco, so fairly entertaining. I predict it’s one of those movies that will get a 23% critic score and 75% audience score on RT.

Soldato
I enjoyed it. It was predictable, cheesy and pretty weak storyline and dialogue, but the action was awesome and fun and Jamie Foxx and Dave Franco were Jamie Fox and Dave Franco, so fairly entertaining. I predict it’s one of those movies that will get a 23% critic score and 75% audience score on RT.

I love films like that, where the critics hate it, but the public don't, usually means the film has done something really really right, something that goes against the wokeness of hollywood/critics.

Soldato
I've often found films that are critically acclaimed are poor (was going to use another word but it would get starred out :p ). Ultimately films are a preference, not everybody likes everything, I seem to have quite a tolerance for b movies, I really like Sharknado for instance.

Soldato
The film is pretty honest. It's not trying to preach to you. If it is it's very subtle that I didn't notice it. There is black history joke threw in.

It's certainly not trying to be Blade. (One of the best comic book movies)

Think more scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse etc.

It's no worse than most of the junk that's getting made today and defended because of the message.

Soldato
Watched it last night and enjoyed it for what it was, a silly movie with vampires and ott action scenes. Any movie with a minigun gets a pass from me :D

Soldato
Netflix is garbage. Has been for years. They don't even show you their content until you've signed up, that's how bad it is.
I think you must be signed up to a different Netflix from me… I have Prime, Disney and Sky as well but far and away the most watchable content I find on Netflix. I do wish they’d stop cancelling good shows after their second or third seasons (Space Force and Santa Clarita Diet to name just two, but there are loads) though whilst other crappy ones run for years (e.g. Lucifer wtf :confused:).

Soldato
For those interested in drones and fpv quadcopters for cinematography work, the fpv pilot for this film (Day Shift) Tommy from Ummagawd released a YT video with his thoughts and behind the scenes footage.

Soldato
The only drone footage I've seen in films recently I've hated. It's out of place and just makes me think they've used drones for the sake of using drones. I hope the trend dies out TBH.

It's here to stay as it allows far more complex cinematography over traditional methods. It's also easier for them iterate on scenes and far cheaper than traditional methods of expensive car/wire/helicopter rigs.

Personally I love it, but then I'm an fpv pilot also so can appreciate it more :)

Soldato
It's here to stay as it allows far more complex cinematography over traditional methods. It's also easier for them iterate on scenes and far cheaper than traditional methods of expensive car/wire/helicopter rigs.

Personally I love it, but then I'm an fpv pilot also so can appreciate it more :)

Overly complex, yes. If they want to use it for aerial shots then fine, but the swooping/impossible camera work just looks horrible. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. The correlation between drone shots and crappy movies is very clear at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom