Poll: DC contributurs meeting / beers / get together - Reading - 28th October

It's in Reading, but when are you available (select all that apply)

• Friday, October 20th

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Saturday, October 21st

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Friday, October 27th

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Saturday, October 28th

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Just a quick post to see if anyone would be interested in a meetup so we can all sit in a pub and drink beer while talking about SETI / Folding / Astronnomy / the youth of today as appropriate?

Obviously you'll need to be an active DC contributor and the location is open to discussion. I'd sugest Camberley as a good location but there may be some personal reasons for that so any other better options are welcome. I'm fairly sure that a far chunck of the regular DCers are in this sort of area.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to sort something out.

Paul

Soldato
happytechie said:
and they don't come much stranger than this lot
:D too true.

Its a nice idea, but probably impossible for me. Damn Midlands, they're not near anywhere!

Tis a good idea though. Might attract some looks though, all that DC talk :/

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Come on guys, make a bit of effort. If it's organised whilst I'm in the country, I'd love to meet some of you guys and I live nearly as far North as you can get.

If it's organised in advance so people have time to save up and/or book time off work and at a weekend when less people are working, it's doable.

Trust me, you'll have a blast. I've been to many forum meets and they're great fun - people with similar interests meeting up for a beer and a laugh - what could be better?

Stan :)

Soldato
If we do this its a beer or 12 and an all you can eat chinese/indian.

Can't be doing with silly things like bowling and clubbing like what happens in other meets!

SiriusB

Soldato
I am a good organiser of things usually, but only with stuff I am familiar with/places i know etc.

Leave the organising to someone else. All I need to know is when and where!

SiriusB

Soldato
Maybe in true DC style we could buy a large amount of beer, split it up into manageable sized pieces, distribute it amongst the members and then send the processed units back after....

....errr I think my plan may be slightly flawed :o :p

Well I'd be up for a meet - though like Dio I have the organising abilities of a dead gnat, I am pretty flexible though ( can even sometimes touch my toes :D ) and have a very sensible diesel car which currently does about 20 miles a week so I'd be happy to travel a fair distance as long as there's a reasonably priced place to stay the night the other end

I'd also be happy to pick anyone up along the way, short skirt and pigtails are completely optional of course ;)

Soldato
I'm swayed - count me in - time and date to be agreed.

Wouldn't stay the night if within 50 miles of london (not fair on wife) but happy to pick people up on way.
Alturnatively if it's further afield (say SB house :p ) I'll make it a family outing get a room - spend day with wife and son, and hang out with you lot for a good few hours in the evening. (need to be a saturday for this option)

Soldato
rich99million said:
Maybe in true DC style we could buy a large amount of beer, split it up into manageable sized pieces, distribute it amongst the members and then send the processed units back after....

....errr I think my plan may be slightly flawed :o :p

Hahahahahahaha.
:D :D

I'll put in appearance if I can.

Back
Top Bottom